Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's my best bet for baggage and carry-ons?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

What's my best bet for baggage and carry-ons?

We're flying Frontier in a few weeks, two adults, a toddler and a lap infant. It's our first time traveling with kids. We have to bring the two car seats which I understand are free carry-ons; aside from that, how do we get the best bang for our buck with our baggage? We can travel pretty lightly but will need at least one full-size suitcase, I think.

Also, recommendations on whether to pay to book seats? We don't all need to sit together, but the toddler obviously needs to be next to one parent. How likely is it that we'll get seats together? One flight is a red-eye Tuesday morning flight and the other is a Saturday evening.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:42 pm

You're right, you can bring two car seats on board for free, but be aware you won't be able to have them in the same row since car seats always need to be in the window seat. Also, on Frontier you can't bring the car seat on board for the lap child unless you purchased a ticket for them. You'll need to check or gate check the infant car seat.

Frontier won't assign you seats in advance together without paying the seat selection fee but you should be able to get at least one of you seated with the toddler and all three of you if there are three seats together when you check in at the airport.

If you want my recommendation for how to do luggagefor cheap, I would buy a car seat carrier from amazon.com or ebay and pack any extra room full of clothes for "padding." I have done this when flying Allegiant, Spirit, and Frontier, and never had a problem. Put any other fragile items in your backpack as a free "personal item" and enjoy your flight, well as much as you can enjoy a red-eye flight on Frontier with two kids.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
and enjoy your flight, well as much as you can enjoy a red-eye flight on Frontier with two kids.
As a former Frontier'sman - i would spell "enjoy" as in ENDURE!!

Their flights are cheap - but they make you work to get on the plane. Too many troubles with getting boarding passes and attempting to check bags. I was a "Summit" - after every Frontier adventure - I felt like I had gone up Mt. Everest w/o any sherpas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.