Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double charging for seat selection?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Double charging for seat selection?

I signed up for the Frontier credit card last year and booked an award flight for me and my wife. I paid $3 per seat per segment to select seats at time of booking. We fly tomorrow, and during checkin the website is trying to charge me again for seats I've already selected and paid for. Seats are now $10/seat/segment. I don't have the 3 hours to try and call them, and I'm not sure it the rep would be able to help me. If I repurchase seats, can I later dispute the charge, or part of it? I have to purchase a checked bag as well.

Edit-
Welp. Please ignore this thread. What appeared to be Frontier double dipping on seat selections was actually just them charging additional taxes. I had just decided to take the path of least resistance and pay up, rather than try to fight them. The charge was never really explained, but was I was finally able to figure it out on the final screen.

Last edited by chaotix; Apr 27, 2015 at 8:07 pm Reason: dumb n00b
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by chaotix
I signed up for the Frontier credit card last year and booked an award flight for me and my wife. I paid $3 per seat per segment to select seats at time of booking. We fly tomorrow, and during checkin the website is trying to charge me again for seats I've already selected and paid for. Seats are now $10/seat/segment. I don't have the 3 hours to try and call them, and I'm not sure it the rep would be able to help me. If I repurchase seats, can I later dispute the charge, or part of it? I have to purchase a checked bag as well.

Edit-
Welp. Please ignore this thread. What appeared to be Frontier double dipping on seat selections was actually just them charging additional taxes. I had just decided to take the path of least resistance and pay up, rather than try to fight them. The charge was never really explained, but was I was finally able to figure it out on the final screen.
What additional taxes?
Old May 4, 2015, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
What additional taxes?
Code:
Rate Code 	Description 	Amount
AY 	Added By Navitaire for Data Conversion 	$22.40
AY1 	U.S. 9/11 Security Fee (domestic, non-AK). 	$11.20
Total: 	$33.60
For some reason the 9/11 Security Fee wasn't charged when I first booked. Don't even know what "Added By Navitaire for Data Conversion" is.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:03 pm

Are your sure it was incorrect? I found the screen confusing but upon adding it up it came out right. If you were charged more than showed on the screen when you checked out I think you are due a refund. It is a violation of the Dot Rules on fares
Under the new requirements, all mandatory taxes and fees must be included together in the advertised fare. The advertising provision takes effect Jan. 26, 2012 while all of the other consumer protections go into effect on Jan. 24 of this year. - See more at: http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2012/dot0....qy0qNnXj.dpuf
Old May 8, 2015, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Are your sure it was incorrect? I found the screen confusing but upon adding it up it came out right. If you were charged more than showed on the screen when you checked out I think you are due a refund. It is a violation of the Dot Rules on fares
I don't know that it was incorrect, but I thought it seemed really odd that they would charge additional taxes/fees at check in rather than taking care of everything at initial booking.
Old May 8, 2015, 10:04 am

When I first saw that screen where they break out the fares and taxes and add any fee, I though it was incorrect but after double checking it was correct, but I wouldn't rule out the being an error.

It should be relatively easy to check the total fare.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 6:22 am

I showed up at 6:25 at mco Orlando and they basically said I missed My 7:00 direct flight to Chicago_ I knew that this airline was second tier but I had no idea, the ticket agents don't have permission or access to ticketing and giving you your boarding pass.She said afterxh charging me $99 go and check in, online as I cannot do that for you. Then they take you through the laundry list of silly options to nickel and dime you...brutal * The app is written only for one thing. "revenue". So I paid for the seats I wanted the other day but today they pushed me to Philly and then Midway and so I had to purchase seats on 2 flights on addition to the other flight I was bounced from. What a SShow. I'm gonna argue the charges as it's a joke.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Spankiewanky
I showed up at 6:25 at mco Orlando and they basically said I missed My 7:00 direct flight to Chicago_ I knew that this airline was second tier but I had no idea, the ticket agents don't have permission or access to ticketing and giving you your boarding pass.She said afterxh charging me $99 go and check in, online as I cannot do that for you. Then they take you through the laundry list of silly options to nickel and dime you...brutal * The app is written only for one thing. "revenue". So I paid for the seats I wanted the other day but today they pushed me to Philly and then Midway and so I had to purchase seats on 2 flights on addition to the other flight I was bounced from. What a SShow. I'm gonna argue the charges as it's a joke.
Were you already checked in for your flight when you showed up at the airport? If not, you were late. Even if you already had your boarding pass, showing up 35 minutes before you flight leaves is extremely risky, especially at a huge and spead out airport like MCO.

The ticket counter agents can print a boarding pass for you but Frontier charges $25 for this service. As you discovered, you can obtain your boarding pass for free via their app or website.

If you don't purchsse a seat, they will assign you a random seat for free when you check in.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Spankiewanky
For this post, or at least what I could make of it, the biggest item seems to be that you need to have your bags checked and boarding pass in hand 60 minutes before departure. They mention this both in an email sent 3 days before check-in as well as the email saying check-in is open. It's not even buried deep in fine print, it's in large font with a red ALERT at the top of the emails before it even shows your itinerary:

rhwbullhead likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.