Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

A pleasant experience and positive outcome (so far) !

Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; 2MM

Perhaps my following experience with F9 is helpful to someone:

Last year I had to cancel for 40k in award tickets and was assured at the time of cancellation that there would be no fee for using the same reservations by just changing them to new bookings within the allotted time period of one year of issue date.
Then for some unknown reason my account apparently expired on 12/31/2014, I couldn't log in any longer and consequently couldn't get to my old reservations.
Fast forward to two weeks ago when I wanted to make new reservations before the expiry date of the old bookings and was ultimately told after several calls and various agents that this couldn't be done any longer due to the program (or IT) changes. The miles definitely had to be re-deposited into my old account - albeit without fees because of the old program rules applicable at the time.
I was told to wait for some 10 biz days for the miles to appear in my account, but nothing showed and after talking to various agents again - some more incompetent than others - it became clear that mistakes were made in the process and nobody knew when I would see the miles back in the account or what to do about it.
At long last it took a very diligent EarlyReturns agent, patience and some two hours to clear up the issues, but without even mentioning it as such I instantly received vouchers that were applied for the last minute flights that I wanted and were available, for a total value of $453.-
I took the flights without any hiccups, checked afterwards my reinstated account again and found to my pleasant surprise in addition the 40k points back in my account.
It might be a temporary glitch (as so many), but I sure am happy with the outcome so far

Anyways, FWIW the old motto repeated: if you're frustrated and unhappy with the result, HUACA.
It might take some time and patience, but you could get lucky after all with a different agent !
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:07 pm

Thanks of reporting this. I'm sure many long time Frontier flyers are concerned about the recent changes and whether Frontier will adopt a positive approach towards customers problems. This experience is a hopeful sign.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.