Frontier Airlines Early Returns Rip Off

Old May 13, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, HA, CC, IHC, HH, SPG, PC, TY, AARP, Partridge in a pear tree...
Only works with DeskTop not Laptops?!?

Here's a sample of my correspondence on this issue (just as it was received... in one long sentence):

05/13/2015 10:00 AM I am still having no luck logging in. Because I can't book flights, I have lost my status and I'm now at risk for losing the miles I have. I have tried to connect through Safari and Firefox (both the latest versions) on both laptop and desktop computers. I have cleared cookies, eliminated filters, and disabled pop-up blocking... and it still does not work! Right now, it would be most beneficial if you can extend the expiration deadline on the miles I have, until we can get your website working. It would be rather nice if you could reinstate my status (which was "Summit" - before all these website problems, but I understand it would now be "Elite"), since I can't book the flights I've been making with you since your programming issues. You must be aware that having a website that only works with certain computers, and certain browser is a recipe for disaster. You're free to call me anytime: ###. ###. ####

Response Via Email - 05/13/2015 11:18 AM Dear Sir, Thank you for your response. We are sorry, we cannot extend the mileage expiration date for your account mileage, nor can we reinstate status of the prior year. Please call us at 866-263-2759, we will be happy to work with you so you can access your account. We recommend you use Google chrome as a browser. The reset module will not function with FireFox. Please reset your password on a desktop PC. The abbreviated form of browsers used on laptops and mobile devices will not support the reset modules. Please do not use the email address, [BlahBlah].com, as your Web User ID. As stated in the initial response, "The Web User ID for [your son's] account was set as [BlahBlah].com. The email address had previously been assigned." The Web User ID for your account is the account number, 30########. The email address in the account is [YaddaYadda].com. We have sent another email containing a temporary password for your EarlyReturns account. Please follow the prompts in that email, and use the temporary password as the 'old' password. Passwords must now be a minimum of 8 characters, must contain at least one Upper case letter and one lower case letter, must contain on number, and must contain at least one special character, such as !,@,#,$,%,^,&,*,(,). The password cannot contain a period, comma, or tilde. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, [Name] EarlyReturns Loyalty Agent Frontier Airlines Customer.

This is then continues with the same message repeating - going back 2 months - all from the same representative (which leads me to believe it could just be a machine). Calling back is... well... I'm STILL on hold.

What a nightmare of "coordination!"

Last edited by Cheapster; May 13, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Old May 17, 2015, 5:11 pm

I don't see this email as clearly explaining the problem. Nor are your responses to this thread completely clear.

I would try again list your account number, when you flew last and who many miles you had as of March 7, 2015 the conversion date and the last time you observed then miles being present.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: AA Plat
Cannot Access Account

I also couldn't log in with FF#/email and password. Using the reset feature worked for me.

Turns out you now need uppercase/lowercase/numbers/punctuation/bloodoffirstborn etc.

Seriously this is madness! Club Carlson and Hilton are the same way. There is no logical reason why FF/hotel accounts I don't even use need stronger passwords than all of my bank accounts. I hope they all go out of business from people forgetting their convoluted passwords!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
This happened to me yesterday. I had not logged in for months and I know I had earned miles to keep my 40K active in April. Then I went through the password change routine. Was shocked to see that miles showed zero. It was late night so I planned to call this AM. But when I logged in this morning it showed correct miles.

I am finding it difficult to use their miles though, very low flexibility!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
Previous mile retention was 18 months.
Well it looks like my Frontier EarlyReturns account not only had the points expire, but disappear. I was never given an email about the new 6 month policy. I keep track of expiration dates and was going off the old 18 month system still, so I thought I had until the end of this month to earn, but as it turns out they expired months ago. No wonder I haven't been able to log in the past few weeks.

How can any airline have any loyalty to a loyalty program when you aren't even given 1 year to earn/redeem points? 1 year & 18 month expiries are common. 6 months is unheard of. Fortunately I only lost approx. 4,250 miles, but even still I won't be patronizing F9 again any time soon.

Last edited by YoYUL; Mar 1, 2016 at 9:29 am
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by YoYUL
I thought I had until the end of this month to earn, but as it turns out they expired months ago. No wonder I haven't been able to log in the past few weeks.
These two events may not be related. There have been problems for months with log-in suddenly failing and prompting for a new password.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
These two events may not be related. There have been problems for months with log-in suddenly failing and prompting for a new password.
Thanks for the tip. I have tried password reset repeatedly to no avail. I don't think I'll be riding F9 again any time soon. They're now a 'whole different animal'.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:51 am

My Early Return miles are about to expire. Since I'm not going to fly Frontier anytime soon is Magsformiles.com my best opportunity for use of these straggler miles (~7,000)?
Old May 2, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA, NW, CO, USAIR
Frontier is dead to me

I just started looking for any miles on this account and find that everything has changed!

Frontier is a "slimiine seat" flyer. Oh, great. That won't hold my wide butt.

Frontier has deleted my hard earned miles by changing the rules from 18 months or so to 6 months? Hell, I have a life and was too busy to watch them.

This was an obvious ploy to dump those of us who weren't flying Frontier constantly. Watch out! The airlines does NOT care about you. They don't care if you've been a good customer but wasn't traveling for a while. Seems like you should be able to reach a certain status and retain your miles forever, if you've been a VERY loyal customer.

Disgusted....
Old May 4, 2016, 12:29 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by clottmd
I just started looking for any miles on this account and find that everything has changed!

Frontier is a "slimiine seat" flyer. Oh, great. That won't hold my wide butt.

Frontier has deleted my hard earned miles by changing the rules from 18 months or so to 6 months? Hell, I have a life and was too busy to watch them.

This was an obvious ploy to dump those of us who weren't flying Frontier constantly. Watch out! The airlines does NOT care about you. They don't care if you've been a good customer but wasn't traveling for a while. Seems like you should be able to reach a certain status and retain your miles forever, if you've been a VERY loyal customer.

Disgusted....
If you haven't flown an airline for 6 months plus, you aren't exactly a "VERY loyal customer". Especially when the 6 month policy has been in place for 14 months.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
The six month expiration policy is quite insane in terms of trying to giving anyone a reason to fly with them.

I flew with them in July 2015 and close to the expiration, I was able to get a $25 gift card for Walmart. I lost about 93 miles. Other members of my family have not been so lucky and now all of them have been zeroed out.

So ... with no miles in the bank, what reason do I have to fly with Frontier? I would need to be going to a city they serve but WN/AA/UA does not. Maybe Frontier would have a time that just happened to suit my needs better.

But, if it is heads-up competition against Southwest, how could Frontier possibly make me want to fly with them instead of Southwest? Price? Unlikely. Sure, they could give me a $29 fare, but I'd want "the works" and then the price would likely be at/near Southwest. They certainly can't get me with the promise of a future free flight given how they expire miles.

Now, you might say "all airlines do this." Yes and no. United and American both offer dining for miles. I haven't stepped foot on a UA/AA flight since 2013 / 2006 respectively, yet I have never lost a mile with either of them. Just go dining at one of the locations now and then and my miles stay safe. Same for the rest of my family. There is no option to do this with Frontier. Yes, I could get a credit card, the perks of the card are not as good as the perks of a Southwest card.

Yes, I think they want the "loyal" flyer. But if I was running an airline, I'd want all flyers regardless. I wouldn't put together insane policies that drive away customers.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by FCfree

But, if it is heads-up competition against Southwest, how could Frontier possibly make me want to fly with them instead of Southwest? Price? Unlikely. Sure, they could give me a $29 fare, but I'd want "the works" and then the price would likely be at/near Southwest. They certainly can't get me with the promise of a future free flight given how they expire miles.
The comparable fare on Southwest to "The Works" is their Anytime Fare, which would likely be far more expensive.

Another option depending on where you fly from is the "Thanks Again" program. Pretty much any place in ATL will give you credit which can be directed to Early Returns and will keep you miles alive. You can also do rental cars.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:40 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I fly frontier every now and again because I live in Denver, and I can do short notice trips to vegas for under $40 round trip.

And if for some reason, I do not go to vegas within 6 months, I just transfer 100 kickback points into 46 frontier miles on points.com and it resets my expiration.

Most of the local conoco stations give kickback points for gas purchases. Actually, a lot of various gas station loyalty programs can be transferred to frontier, so worth looking into if you have tens of thousands of miles about to expire.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Hairbus380
I fly frontier every now and again because I live in Denver, and I can do short notice trips to vegas for under $40 round trip.

And if for some reason, I do not go to vegas within 6 months, I just transfer 100 kickback points into 46 frontier miles on points.com and it resets my expiration.

Most of the local conoco stations give kickback points for gas purchases. Actually, a lot of various gas station loyalty programs can be transferred to frontier, so worth looking into if you have tens of thousands of miles about to expire.
Thanks for mentioning that. I'll look into it.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:13 am
formerly chrisbarnett01

Well, interesting fact, I transferred some kickback points over the other day, and they posted today. They no longer reset my expiration date.

I guess it is flying or emiles only

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.