FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
F9 announces 4 more new routes from ORD

Austin (Seasonal)
Raleigh (Seasonal)
San Francisco (Seasonal)
Los Angeles (Year-Round)

Frontier just announces 4 more new nonstop from O'Hare.

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/118...ights-to-ohare

Let the bloodbath begin!!!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that RDU is getting one of these routes but...really? UA and AA fly it and WN flies RDU-MDW. I'm not sure who they're going after on this, especially with a 5:15 PM Departure from RDU.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by N830MH
Let the bloodbath begin!!!
Is anyone really going to care what F9 does and only seasonally at that? LOL.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that RDU is getting one of these routes but...really? UA and AA fly it and WN flies RDU-MDW. I'm not sure who they're going after on this, especially with a 5:15 PM Departure from RDU.
It appears that Frontier is targeting the ORD point of sale side more than the RDU point of sale side, even though Chicago is a more a destination during the summer for most of the country (likely including RDU based customers) than Raleigh-Durham is a destination for Chicago customers. Many people from Chicago like to stay in Chicago during the summer since their summer is so short.

Frontier's fares will show up on kayak, etc. and likely come out lower. This might be attractive for RDU based pax, although a 5:15pm departure might mean an extra night in a hotel for a given stay, although I can't say for sure. It arrives into Chicago at 6:15pm where Chicago is open for nightlife. The flight timings might not be a deterrent really.

Last edited by rtalk25; Feb 17, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That's a very good point.

Incidentally, I booked one of the RDU-ORD fares for $49. Figured it was as good an excuse as any to fly up and see a Cubs game.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Is anyone really going to care what F9 does and only seasonally at that? LOL.
Given the money Frontier is making - as a result of pax carried - I guess quite a few do care.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
That's a very good point.

Incidentally, I booked one of the RDU-ORD fares for $49. Figured it was as good an excuse as any to fly up and see a Cubs game.
Go Cubbies!!! Sorry Cubbies, they have wait for next season. They were always losing the games. LOL.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:51 pm

I'm surprised UST isn't getting any interest. I would have thought ORD-UST would make sense with aircraft over at ORD, people in Chicago enjoying Florida beaches, and this Spring-Summer being the right time for the route.

On a side note, I wonder if F9 is evaluating moving over to JAX since it has stagnated at UST. I know PHL-JAX and EWR-JAX fares are high that I wonder if TTN-UST's popularity is partially driven as people heading to that region anyways but using UST.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Apparently, LAS-MCO red-eye daily will begin on April 30, 2015 and they have also announced PHL-MSP/IAH, as well.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtalk25
I'm surprised UST isn't getting any interest. I would have thought ORD-UST would make sense with aircraft over at ORD, people in Chicago enjoying Florida beaches, and this Spring-Summer being the right time for the route.

On a side note, I wonder if F9 is evaluating moving over to JAX since it has stagnated at UST. I know PHL-JAX and EWR-JAX fares are high that I wonder if TTN-UST's popularity is partially driven as people heading to that region anyways but using UST.
Unfortunately, they couldn't work out well. They are not interest St. Augustine. I think they will be at JAX instead of going to St. Augustine. Didn't they tried DEN-JAX years ago?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Unfortunately, they couldn't work out well. They are not interest St. Augustine. I think they will be at JAX instead of going to St. Augustine. Didn't they tried DEN-JAX years ago?
TTN-UST is doing very well, loads and fares are both good. It's an easy route for Frontier, it uses an aircraft that is already assigned to TTN and the airport costs are low, at both ends.

Sure, I suppose they could shift to JAX but I'm not sure why.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:21 am

I booked CLE-RDU-CLE for May. They only have one flight a day, in the evening. The price was $104 without paid carryon or checked bag. I'd like to of to SFO in August but the price is still too high.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by happymom2008
I booked CLE-RDU-CLE for May. They only have one flight a day, in the evening. The price was $104 without paid carryon or checked bag. I'd like to of to SFO in August but the price is still too high.
That one has been around for a little while, it showed up last summer after United dropped CLE-RDU.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davywavy
TTN-UST is doing very well, loads and fares are both good. It's an easy route for Frontier, it uses an aircraft that is already assigned to TTN and the airport costs are low, at both ends.

Sure, I suppose they could shift to JAX but I'm not sure why.
Yes, you may be right. We didn't hear it. Perhaps, I think they can try to fly from ATL to UST or DEN-UST.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.