Enterprise at TTN/Trenton

Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Enterprise at TTN/Trenton

Here are few ideas to save money, that I figured that it was worth sharing:

1. A rental from any Enterprise location in South Jersey (Burlington county and south) and Mercer County, and then returning to TTN, there is no drop charge. Ocean county and other Central and Northern NJ Enterprise originating pickups have a drop charge however, but it's not too bad. SE PA county pickups in the Philly region also have a drop off but not so steep. It's great though that atleast the South Jersey counties and Mercer originating pickups have no drop off charge.

Cool for one-ways out of TTN. It doesn't work for 6am flight which is before the TTN Enterprise operating hours, but it can work well for late AM flights and anytime after that.

2. Renting at the Trenton Enterprise (not TTN) allows for more one-way options out of TTN. One can take a curbside cab after arriving in TTN to the Ewing Marriott and then call the local Trenton Enterprise where they pick one up. They won't pick up from TTN but will pick up from hotels. Of course, the local Enterprise in Trenton doesn't have airport hours, so this might not suit all situations. I suppose one can walk to the SEPTA station but the weather might be inclement.

There is also a not so high drop charge on renting from a local Enterprise (like the Trenton one) and returning at EWR.

I only mention these because sometimes an F9 flight might be suitable for one of the two legs. For example, I was looking at EWR-MDW and return on MDW-TTN as the Frontier leg is sold for $49 on certain Wednesdays.

The outbound didn't suit my needs (it wasn't offered on the day I wanted) , so I considered parking at TTN and then getting up to EWR to fly out, and then return back at TTN. There is NJ Transit of course, but a car rental might be better when suitcases are there.

Are there other car rental deals anyone knows of around TTN?

Which hotels are within 5 miles of TTN besides the Spring Hill and Courtyard Marriott?

Last edited by rtalk25; Jan 11, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Besides the SpringHill Suites and the Courtyard by Mariott. There is the Element by Westin next to the Courtyard and located 6 miles away is the Hampton Inn in Yardley, right on I-95 South (2nd exit in PA). There is also the Wyndham in downtown Trenton but I wouldn't stay there if you paid me (I wouldn't trust the neighborhood), I actually accidentally won the Wyndham on Priceline and just scrapped it and bid again in a new area.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Besides the SpringHill Suites and the Courtyard by Mariott. There is the Element by Westin next to the Courtyard and located 6 miles away is the Hampton Inn in Yardley, right on I-95 South (2nd exit in PA). There is also the Wyndham in downtown Trenton but I wouldn't stay there if you paid me (I wouldn't trust the neighborhood), I actually accidentally won the Wyndham on Priceline and just scrapped it and bid again in a new area.
Thanks for the information.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:07 am

On a separate note, I saw over at A.net that Mercer County is starting the process of building a new, larger terminal. I think this is the plan to be a larger (4 or 5 gate) terminal at the south end of the airport, with a parking deck and retail shops (a "Town Center" type arrangement).

I am sure that they will face a stiff court battle from BRRAM and need an environmental impact statement, but I also venture that F9 is dictating this larger terminal in order to continue service after the 5-year lease expires.

It also forces the folks at TTN to ask what type of airport they want to be. I think the answer is that they want to be like HPN (White Plains) - strong service to the tourist destinations (at HPN, that is courtesy of B6), with jet service by legacy/mainline carriers to key hubs.

Both airports also have short runways, although the HPN main runway, at 6548 ft. may allow farther service than can be allowed at TTN's main runway of 6006'.

I'd hate to see TTN lose F9 service, but I suspect this would happen, come 2018, without a new terminal and more parking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.