Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any reason/advantage to book at flyfrontier.com?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:43 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Any reason/advantage to book at flyfrontier.com?

Is there any definite advantage to booking at flyfrontier.com? I know when they first introduced the carry on bag fees, it only applied to tickets not booked with frontier, but now I'm wondering if their newer fee structure has similar incentives to use their website.

I've started booking most of my airline tickets at Orbitz for cashback and also for the small orbucks incentive (1%).

So, my specific questions are:
-would I still be able to choose a standard seat for $3 prior to check in if I so choose?
-would I still get the discount den checked bag fee of $15 at online check in?
-any other advantages/disadvantages to booking directly with frontier that I may be missing?

And some follow up questions:
-I'm looking at flying SJO - DEN right at the beginning of their service. I did this one other time and the plane was almost empty, which I would anticipate again. In this case, I imagine lots of empty rows, any reason to bother paying for a seat?
-Any reason to think booking at Orbitz would make Online check-in impossible? If so, I suppose that would be $5 motivation to not book at orbitz...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
If your purchasing a carry-on you wouldn't be able to get the $5 discount den savings. You could always call prior to check-in to get the $3 seats. You should also be able to check-in online to get the $5 discount on checked bags.

One thing you wouldn't be able to do is use a promo code such as the current one: Pumpkin to save 14% off of the base fare.

"Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 pm Eastern time on Oct. 9, 2014 for domestic travel Oct. 16, 2014 through Feb. 11, 2015. The following blackout dates apply: Nov. 21-26, 2014; Nov. 29-Dec.1, 2014; Dec. 19-24, 2014; Dec. 26-28, 2014; Jan. 3-4, 2014."
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:45 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
If your purchasing a carry-on you wouldn't be able to get the $5 discount den savings. You could always call prior to check-in to get the $3 seats. You should also be able to check-in online to get the $5 discount on checked bags.

One thing you wouldn't be able to do is use a promo code such as the current one: Pumpkin to save 14% off of the base fare.

"Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 pm Eastern time on Oct. 9, 2014 for domestic travel Oct. 16, 2014 through Feb. 11, 2015. The following blackout dates apply: Nov. 21-26, 2014; Nov. 29-Dec.1, 2014; Dec. 19-24, 2014; Dec. 26-28, 2014; Jan. 3-4, 2014."
That was my thought. So, the carry on fee is only cheap at initial purchase? I was most likely just going to do a personal item + checked bag, since that is the cheapest option.

As for the discount code, I had thought of that. Unfortunately this is an international itinerary, and as far as I can tell the discount codes never apply to international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.