Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLT-IAD being price matched?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

CLT-IAD being price matched?

I just checked on usairways.com and now I see US Air selling one-ways of CLT-IAD for about $100 in September and October. Will this affect Frontier's trial of the route? Frontier is selling fares for about $40 in October but offers less than daily. US is selling for $100 but it's multiple frequency per day.

It used to be significantly higher just a few months ago (even as Frontier announced service) where it was like $400 for one-way on US. Outside of PHX routes where it's generally competitive but also high volume and unclear who is matching whom as Southwest is generally involved, at PHL and CLT, the other hubs, US tends to price match when a discounter comes into town.

Originally, US was just offering a slight discount on roundtrips with a weekend stay or return leg in another week, but it was charging very high on CLT-IAD one-ways and same week trips. Now I see $100 one-ways somewhat equivalent to CLT-BWI where US competes with AirTran (now Southwest).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.