Wiki Posts
Search

CLE schedule updates

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
CLE schedule updates

The following is being reported on Cleveland.Com on Frontier.

CLE-LAS goes from 2 days to 7 on 10-26
CLE-PHX goes from 2 days to 4 on 10-26
CLE-MCO goes from 7 days to 12 weekly on 10-26
CLE-RSW goes from 4 days to 6 days on 10-26 7 days in December
CLE-IAD starts 10-1 but will end on 12-19 (somewhat strange)
CLE-Trenton now 3 says service ending 1/6/15 (seasonal?) no announcement about reinstatement.

The other markets being served and will continue:

FLL,RDU, ORD (to be started soon), DEN, CUN

They say they serve 17 markets, which once did I miss?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
They say they serve 17 markets, which once did I miss?
CLE-LGA? Starts on October 26.

But they do also fly CLE-PUJ, seasonally.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
CLE-IAD starts 10-1 but will end on 12-19 (somewhat strange)
CLE-Trenton now 3 says service ending 1/6/15 (seasonal?) no announcement about reinstatement.
I wonder if CLE-IAD was just filler? Perhaps, Frontier figures CLE based pax might prefer driving one hour and get on Southwest's CAK-DCA (that launches in November) since DCA is more central to the Metro line and it's preferable to land in DCA than IAD. Despite building a focus in IAD, Even Frontier knows DCA is preferrable - otherwise it would cease DEN-DCA and move it to IAD.

US Air also flies the route (CAK-DCA) and is matching Southwest pricing, so together, that might be ample of low cost seats (in addition to Southwest's CLE-BWI), that Frontier figures it's not worthwhile to fly into IAD from CLE. Atleast with Frontier on CLE-ORD, it's not flying into an unfavorable airport of sorts, and possibly CLE demand to Chicago are greater than DC. Both seem driveable as well.

As far as CLE-Trenton, the frequency/timing before was awful but it was nice to have low fares between CLE and PHL/EWR region in a nonstop way. if Frontier decides to use the LGA slot pair for something else, CLE-TTN will be re-instated. Hopefully 5-6x weekly.

With Frontier offering a MEM-DFW-DEN, similarly, I think maybe it could do a TTN-CLE-IAH. N/S fares to IAH are expensive from PHL on US and United especially for same week trips without a weekend and one-ways, so if leisure pax is going to connect or stop anyways, Frontier could compete for that business and offer a 1-stop via CLE. CLE-Houston might be competitive with UA and if Southwest starts CLE-HOU, but I think Frontier might be equipped to compete against those two, as a secondary or third carrier. Houston seems to be a missing major market from CLE from Frontier, aside from the west coast markets which is much farther.

Last edited by rtalk25; Sep 9, 2014 at 8:16 pm
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
CLE RDU is toast after Jan 6, odd because loads were good. Perhaps a seasonal adjustment.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by coplatua1k
CLE RDU is toast after Jan 6, odd because loads were good. Perhaps a seasonal adjustment.
Maybe the yields were poor or inconsistent (sometimes good others not). It was an odd route, but not really as it was announced back in March 11, about when a lot of CLE routes opened up (after United closed the hub) and Frontier opened up the CLE focus.

However, Frontier transformed more to an ULCC by end of April and started charging carry-ons by end of April. The transformation was such that F9 wasn't going to be a Southwest or JetBlue, but more on the lines of Spirit.

I could imagine that there is some business traffic on the route who might appreciate the nonstop, but only pax that it can attract when the time works out.

I think Frontier will focus on larger cities (higher volume routes) and more popular destinations out of CLE as an ULCC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.