can they add PHL to DEN!!!!!!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by cubachao
can they add PHL to DEN!!!!!!
Yes, they will consider it.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:31 pm

I don't think this means the death knell for TTN - I think their load factors run 90-95% on all routes with decent fares for a good yield, but since there seems no likelihood of a new terminal over the next few years (score one for the BRRAM luddites), the fact is that they are going to be capped at 10-11 flights per day, maybe 70-75/week tops. F9 thinks it is doing well in the Philly market, and wants to expand in a way that neither ILG nor TTN will allow.

I suspect, though, that the likelihood of a TTN-DEN flight went way down, though, even when the new Airbus neos arrive, as they will have PHL-TTN.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:25 pm

TTN

duplicate

Last edited by rtalk25; Oct 2, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by EricR111
as they will have PHL-TTN.
Will this set a new record for shortest flight? (36 miles)
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by EricR111
as they will have PHL-TTN.
Do you have a source for this?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Do you have a source for this?
He didn't have one. There is no direct flight PHL-TTN. Beceause it was very short flight. They won't consider it.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
Will this set a new record for shortest flight? (36 miles)
My bad. I meant PHL-DEN.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
I can't see any award or even regular paid availability for Alaska or International flights out of Los Angeles. Tried to start with DEN and that didn't work either. Is the site just not showing availability because of seasonality issues??
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by N830MH
I believe so. Let find out soon enough. I'm sure this routes will be so successful. There is some more competition against Delta, Allegiant Air.

Did DL has already discontinued CVG-PHX a while ago? Lots of Reds fans who flew to PHX to watch Spring Training games for every year.
Delta has been operating a nonstop CVG-PHX in the spring which helps to get Reds fans to spring training. UA did not do the same for the Indians, completely pulled PHX flights despite the face the loads were always very full, had 3 nonstops at one time. Now 3 other airlines fly to PHX so plenty of options here.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA
If the Frontier "Rule of High Fares" holds than I expect that MDT-MCO is on the chopping block. Fares are jacked way up (most fares were sub $200 until recently). An absurdly high $621 for 3 day weekend Feb 13-16.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by bridge29
If the Frontier "Rule of High Fares" holds than I expect that MDT-MCO is on the chopping block. Fares are jacked way up (most fares were sub $200 until recently). An absurdly high $621 for 3 day weekend Feb 13-16.
Frontier's Rule of High Fares only applies when all dates are absurdly high to discourage bookings on all future days not just a weekend. Most of the time the fares are north of $400 each way. MDT-MCO is showing lots of reasonable fares, just those dates are a bit high.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by bridge29
It's just those dates. Feb.15-Feb.19 is $214 r/t. It could just be something like a church or school group decided to fly out that weekend on the same flight, pushing it to near sold out levels.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Be Careful What You Wish For!

F9 came into IAD and nothing happened to the fares from the other carriers. Apparently, they know tha F9 is not a serviceable airline for anyone other than bargain-basement leisure travelers who don't have a schedule. I walk by the F9 gates at Dulles a couple times of week and its a rare event when one of their planes is leaving anywhere near schedule. I flew them once....and that was enough for me. Beware F9.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by rjburns
F9 came into IAD and nothing happened to the fares from the other carriers.
US did respond on IAD-CLT and it might have been a reason for that route's demise; it ends Jan 5. Low one-way fares below or around $100 became available on DCA-CLT and IAD-CLT on US. e.g. On Dec. 9, US is selling a fare for $107 one-way. I recall fares were over $300 one-way advance purchase one-way on US before Frontier started offering service.

I think F9 will still keep a token presence in IAD with atleast MCO and ORD year-round, but maybe not have a plane based in IAD by Spring. IAD is a high cost airport and not preferred over DCA. The ATL route might stay as year round, but I'm not sure if Frontier decides to use their ATL gate for something more valuable. LAS is likely also popular as a leisure route but it's of longer stage length.

I figured the IAD presence was a way to boost the WAS presence as F9 has three slot pairs on DCA-DEN and likely wants to use them to the fullest with high load factors.

While it transformed to a ULCC, started charging carry-ons and and lost business clientele on the route, it needed to become a more known airline as a ULCC on the WAS side, a bigger market than DEN, and adding more routes/destinations is the way to get noticed, even if it's out of IAD.

Last edited by rtalk25; Nov 3, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.