Can we talk about the wait times on the phone?

Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

I have a credit and needed to call to redeem it for an upcoming flight. I tried at about 2pm today, and the expected wait time was 49 minutes. Click! I figured I'd just call late enough at night that reasonable people would have settled down for the evening. So here I am now, in the middle of a 53 minute wait time!

Is there something special happening today, or is this the new normal?

Update: The 53 minute estimate at the beginning was a little long - I ended up speaking with someone after 46 minutes. And my agent was very helpful on what turned out to be a fairly involved request. So no issues with the quality of the customer service, just with the wait time even at an off-peak hour.

Last edited by pkimball; Jun 5, 2014 at 9:38 am
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:10 pm

Could be the weather. I live about 30 minutes from Frontier's offices in Denver and we've had multiple hail storms and tornado warnings issued over the last week. I got 2 inches of hail on the 4th. I do know that when there is a tornado warning Frontier employees take shelter and yes, the phones aren't answered then.

Not saying this is the reason but it might have something to do with it.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

I read somewhere that when they do take shelter the phones go to a call center in Milwaukee and that wait times jump because of the sudden drop of available agents.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by pkimball
I have a credit and needed to call to redeem it for an upcoming flight.
I have the same situation today. For some reason the website won't accept my electronic certificate, so I had to call in to the 800#.

I gave up on Frontier last year and moved all of the my weekly business flying to other airlines, so I no longer have Summit status. But, I still want to redeem my $400 voucher for a family trip this summer. The wait time is 32 minutes. BRUTAL! Oh, how I miss the old (pre-Republic) Frontier.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:15 pm

Post Long wait time for Frontier customer service

I called yesterday for my mom and today for me. Both calls had a wait time of over 40 mins. They came on about every 5 mins to update the wait time and it was pretty accurate. I asked about the time and the rep told me every since Frontier became an extreme low cost carrier, call volume has jumped by 3000+ calls a month. While I waited, I made a quick list of the questions I had to ensure I didn't forget while listening to the hold time chatter. I will say that once a rep came on the line in both cases there was no accent and they were extremely efficient and capable. I had five needs on my second call (thank goodness I made a list) and she addressed them all pronto. I gather there are only two call centers, one in Denver and the other in Milwaukee. I'm pretty patient, but I'm also retired. So, if I was working and trying to get other life stuff accomplished I would have highly resented the wait time. I feel like most people are just going to stop using Frontier if they have to put up with this. I hope they are gathering data about the nature of the call volume so they can correct the website shortfalls that generate the need to call. Either that or they need to just hire more reps.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:17 pm

Amen to that!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Trying to personally pay for a s-t-r-e-t-c-h seat personally on a ticket my company got me. Wait times are over the top and for whatever the reason the website wont allow me to buy either....very disappointing.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
I called 6AM EST got right through....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.