Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why no TSA Pre-Check for Frontier?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Some airports without pre can be horrible. For example MCO. I flew back to PHL a couple weeks ago and the line was horrible. My parents were doing MCO-PHL 2 days ago on WN. There was a $19 sale fare for their dates on F9 and I was thinking of switching them to save some money ($40 a piece) but since the lines were so terrible it wasn't worth it.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Some airports without pre can be horrible. For example MCO. I flew back to PHL a couple weeks ago and the line was horrible. My parents were doing MCO-PHL 2 days ago on WN. There was a $19 sale fare for their dates on F9 and I was thinking of switching them to save some money ($40 a piece) but since the lines were so terrible it wasn't worth it.
Most everyone has a price where F9 service makes sense over the legacy carriers, but there's no question that I personally demand a greater fare differential because F9 doesn't have Pre. It's certainly more than $20.

Seems to me that it might be in F9's interest to do Pre.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I am a frequent business flyer and I don't care that much about Pre I happly flew 26 flights on Frontier las yrae and would fly them again, if their schedule matched my needs.
Are you ATL based? I find ATL to have the longest security lines ever, sometimes with many of the checkpoints closed, thus creating a long line funneling into only two. Let alone traffic to the airport is nightmarish. It's worse than MCO.

Considering that F9 wants to be in ATL and MCO, I'd think TSA PreCheck implemented would be valuable to attain customers who travel often.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:36 pm

Fronteir and Precheck later this year

I inquired of Frontier Customer Service today about their lack of participation in PreCheck. They said that it should be available "later this year." We'll see.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by beyondhere
Are you ATL based? I find ATL to have the longest security lines ever, sometimes with many of the checkpoints closed, thus creating a long line funneling into only two. Let alone traffic to the airport is nightmarish. It's worse than MCO.

Considering that F9 wants to be in ATL and MCO, I'd think TSA PreCheck implemented would be valuable to attain customers who travel often.
I see backups even at the Pre-Check and Skiority lines in ATL sometimes, but compared to the regular checkpoints it's probably still better. Though with so many DL elites, if it's a peak biz-traveler time then DL will be sending them to Pre-Check based on status, or they can try their luck with the Skiority line at the south checkpoint. The overall situation has been really terrible, though.

Media reports are saying that TSA not only underestimated travel demand, but also bet too much on Pre-Check and staffed as if that would succeed when it didn't. And of course there's the airline-generated problem with the carry-ons.

The non-participation by Spirit and Frontier has kept me from enrolling. I travel enough that it'd help greatly if it weren't for that.
Old May 27, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: WN F9
May 30 16 update from F9

Frontier doesn't participate in the TSA pre-check program. We are continually looking into ways to better serve our customers and we are investigating the resources required to participate in the program.

We are hoping to be announcing this by the end of this year.

I understand this is an important feature for you when traveling and I have logged your desire that we add this service.

I appreciate you letting us know how we can improve.
Regards,

Yolanda
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:37 pm

Two years later and we're still getting the canned response from Frontier. I wish I'd seen this thread before booking a flight on Frontier. My guess is they're trying to figure out a way to charge for Pre-Check...like they do with everything else.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:46 pm

Pre-Check coming in July/August for Frontier and slightly later for Spirit:

https://skift.com/2016/06/14/frontie...check-program/

"Frontier and Spirit Will Join TSA’s Recheck Program"
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Thanks for posting the Skift story. I guess it's the software vendor. Maybe F9 gets a few more biz travelers out of it, as the story mentions.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by RustyC
Thanks for posting the Skift story. I guess it's the software vendor. Maybe F9 gets a few more biz travelers out of it, as the story mentions.
It was not a priority when Frontier switched to Navitaire it did not have the capability and they knew it.

However since then Navitaire has been purchased by Amadeus. I imagine the new owners are anxious to merge the products and expand the functionality.

Plus with this summers meltdown of TSA, this seems like something they can do to look better.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:28 pm

They should of done it long time ago the TSA pre check.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by RustyC
Not likely given the hard product, even in Stretch. When I wrote to them as a biz traveler complaining about the hard product the response was that they were sorry but I am not the type of traveler they are catering for.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Not likely given the hard product, even in Stretch. When I wrote to them as a biz traveler complaining about the hard product the response was that they were sorry but I am not the type of traveler they are catering for.
What were you asking for?

As a frequent business traveler and small business owner, I am very concerned with cost. Frontier has delivered the lowest cost service reliably for me. I have not found any serious problems with the in flight product, especially for a frequent flyer who obtains Elite status (which I have).

I do not expect lounges, or a true Business Class. As an Elite I do usually get upgrades to the streatch seats and of course a free carry on.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
What were you asking for?

As a frequent business traveler and small business owner, I am very concerned with cost. Frontier has delivered the lowest cost service reliably for me. I have not found any serious problems with the in flight product, especially for a frequent flyer who obtains Elite status (which I have).

I do not expect lounges, or a true Business Class. As an Elite I do usually get upgrades to the streatch seats and of course a free carry on.
I don't remember exactly, but I think that I complained about the size of the trays (can't have your laptop and a drink out at the same time, or a laptop out at all if you are not in Stretch), the absence of power ports, the lack of leg room, the hard seats that made my butt numb within an hour, and the lack of Pre-check (now resolved). Cost is not low, either, if you add up all of the fees. Anyway, good for you if it works for you. I would wager that you are in the minority.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:42 pm

The link says it is expected by July 31, 2016 on F9 - for those that don't want to open the article.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.