$18 fare sale out of TTN for their "maiden voyages" to/from IND and BNA
April 29 (IND) and April 30th (BNA)

Apr 29 F9 0961 11:00 AM 12:50 PM TTN-IND
Apr 29 F9 0960 1:30 PM 3:05 PM IND-TTN

April 30 F9 0953 6:20 AM 7:20 AM TTN-BNA
April 30 F9 0952 8:00 AM 10:50 AM BNA-TTN
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: Frontier Airlines Early Returns, US Airways Dividend Miles
Same thing for ILG-DTW,ATL. $18. Brings back memories of $10 seats on Skybus.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:27 pm

Might be that they want to make sure there are good loads for PR purposes on that first flight. Nothing like coaxing a story out the press and having them report few passengers, especially in a nontraditional market such as these are.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
Might be that they want to make sure there are good loads for PR purposes on that first flight. Nothing like coaxing a story out the press and having them report few passengers, especially in a nontraditional market such as these are.
It may be that because it's only one way. To buy a round trip costs rather more than $36.

But is is also a fairly common with (new) non-Florida routes from TTN - getting people used to the idea that there are flights to the airport (and ILG, I guess), stimulating the market?

And there may - may - be something else going on. Ever since Indigo took over, I am seeing days when they are offering $400 plus one way fares (on almost sold out flights) with no additional charge for any premium seats left. It's as high as I've ever seen them.

At the moment, it's like that for TTN-RDU this coming Friday and Sunday, each $417 one way - and on Friday for RDU-TTN. I have seen it occasionally before, especially with TTN-MCO, but it seems to be happening a lot more since Indigo.

Different revenue management approach perhaps?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by davywavy
It may be that because it's only one way. To buy a round trip costs rather more than $36.

But is is also a fairly common with (new) non-Florida routes from TTN - getting people used to the idea that there are flights to the airport (and ILG, I guess), stimulating the market?

And there may - may - be something else going on. Ever since Indigo took over, I am seeing days when they are offering $400 plus one way fares (on almost sold out flights) with no additional charge for any premium seats left. It's as high as I've ever seen them.

At the moment, it's like that for TTN-RDU this coming Friday and Sunday, each $417 one way - and on Friday for RDU-TTN. I have seen it occasionally before, especially with TTN-MCO, but it seems to be happening a lot more since Indigo.

Different revenue management approach perhaps?
Also these inaugural flights happen to be on Tuesdays or Wednesday (super early time) which is too early (atleast for me) for weekend getaway trips. I think those $400 fares are for almost Sold Out flights. Does Frontier oversell assuming maybe 10% won't show up?

I've bought atleast 2 Frontier flight tickets that I couldn't make but the change fee ($75) was greater than the ticket. Also, promo codes which F9 sends often (although not in the last week or so) don't work on old reservations. So, in both cases, I ended up doing nothing. One reservation for a $79 fare, I called and cancelled - so I could get a $4 discount on another ticket if it's $79 or greater and there is no promo code out where the promo code would have better savings.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by rtalk25
I think those $400 fares are for almost Sold Out flights.
Sure, they are. They also change. Today the two TTN-RDU flights are now just under $300 while the RDU-TTN flight stays at $400 - perhaps they met resistance. Now DTW has a $400 plus fare.

TTN-MDW has not had the $400 fares (or if it did I missed 'em) but is - presently - shown as sold out until Tuesday.

It's all about yield management and it seems to have sharpened considerably since Indigo, which is my only point.

As to over-booking, it does happen, but Frontier is quite wary of it because the associated costs of rebooking can be quite high. I donut know how it is with Indigo.

The changes that are happening with Indigo are often quite subtle, but also quite distinctive.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by delawareguy
Same thing for ILG-DTW,ATL. $18. Brings back memories of $10 seats on Skybus.
It appears Frontier extended the promotion to buy by April 7.

Last edited by rtalk25; Apr 7, 2014 at 10:05 am
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Still available buy by April 27th. Return portion is available for $59 for IND-TTN every day except May 11th which is $79. Totals either $77 or $97 (May 11th) for the round trip.
Return portion for BNA-TTN is $57 except May 12, 19, 26 (all mondays) Which mean $75 roundtrip tickets most days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.