http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehi...join_lehi.html

2x weekly ABE-MCO service.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Amtrak S+, Kimpton IC
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
Could MCO be getting a larger dot soon?

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehi...join_lehi.html

2x weekly ABE-MCO service.
Is this a sign that F9 will be the carrier to service MDT-MCO as well (announcement coming at 2pm eastern)
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Here's the schedule for ABE:
Looks like Saturday and Tuesday, plane rotates up from MCO:

MCO-ABE
0831-1058

ABE-MCO
1140-1400

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the MDT-MCO carrier as well, but MDT hasn't been added to the route map yet so its anyone's guess. In the past I don't think they've had more than one route map update in the same day but it could happen.

EDIT:

Looks like they'll be flying MDT-MCO with the same schedule (well close) but on Thu, Fri, Sun. Similar to the DSM/OMA service expansion in the past. Hope it works out!

Wonder if they'll announce anything for this time slot Monday and Wednesday? (I doubt it, but who knows!)

Last edited by MikeFromMKE; Feb 28, 2012 at 11:01 am
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
They're basically picking up routes that did (seemingly) well for AirTran but that don't fit with the SWA business model. At MDT there will be a couple of month's overlap between the two carrier's serving MCO but Frontier gets the route to itself starting in August.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...l_keep_no.html
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Interestingly, F9 is planning only 4x weekly flights from MDT-MCO while FL is doing twice daily. Wonder if they'll ramp up to at least daily when FL formally exits the market. Loads on the MDT-MCO flights were averaging above 85%.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Isn't MCO-ABE-MCO-MDT-MCO only 1 A319 aircraft? Isn't same aircraft from MCO.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
Isn't MCO-ABE-MCO-MDT-MCO only 1 A319 aircraft? Isn't same aircraft from MCO.
Same aircraft, different days.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Same aircraft, different days.
but on Tuesday, it's the same aircraft doing both routes, and I would expect/hope them to go daily when airtran leaves, and build up to 2x hopefully. This summer should bring some good deals to MCO for MDT passengers. I always hear about how full this route is.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:41 pm

SW will be ceasing MCO-FLL. I was thinking if F9 might be interested, and how it could relate to MDT and ABE.

For ABE, offer ABE-FLL-MCO, and at MDT: MDT-MCO-FLL. Each would operate daily. MDT and ABE aren't that far apart from each other, and have some common catchment, so this catchment would essentially gain and benefit with a daily nonstop to both Florida regions.

I listed ABE-FLL since ABE could be used as an alternate airport for those from Northern NJ (NY market) where S. Florida is the top domestic destination. ABE suffers leakage from EWR, but isn't able to capture anything in reverse, so maybe this would help. The Lehigh Valley is the fastest growing MSA in PA with population increases in the Hispanic population and areas that are growing with ex NYers.

For MDT, MCO would probably be a better fit, as for most in Central PA, there is no major airport besides driving to PHL or BWI which could be over 1 1/2 hrs. away

But a continuing flight from both cities would cover both regions in Florida, and for the Central PA catchment, it would be better than flying US and changing planes in CLT, or another carrier and changing planes elsewhere.

Routing: MCO-FLL-ABE-FLL-MCO and FLL-MCO-MDT-MCO-FLL permitting day trips for the business traveler between FLL and MCO.

Last edited by rtalk25; Jul 9, 2012 at 8:23 pm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by rtalk25
But a continuing flight from both cities would cover both regions in Florida, and for the Central PA catchment, it would be better than flying US and changing planes in CLT, or another carrier and changing planes elsewhere.

Routing: MCO-FLL-ABE-FLL-MCO and FLL-MCO-MDT-MCO-FLL permitting day trips for the business traveler between FLL and MCO.
I'm not sure F9 is the one to make this work, especially if WN can't. For one they'd have to rachet those markets up to daily, all year long, which I don't think they have support for yet. I doubt business travelers between those markets are flying a whole lot given the hassle, but if they are they are going to prefer a solid schedule of morning, afternoon, and evening flights. With your routing they only have 2 flights a day.

Not to rain on your parade. I think if F9 continues to grow at MCO I think that we may see some connecting opportunities further south at some point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.