Wiki Posts
Search

Club at Dia

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways, Delta
Club at Dia

Is Frontier taking over the former British airways club at Dia?
Old May 18, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by coloradosky
Is Frontier taking over the former British airways club at Dia?
Former BA Club? Haven't heard that one myself, but interested where you heard that? Surprised if true.

BTW... Welcome to the Frontier forum!
Old May 19, 2012, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways, Delta
Thanks for the welcome note. A friend heard it at the USO lounge.
Old May 19, 2012, 9:26 am

It would be great if it happens.

Siegel has indicated he wanted to get back to the airline's roots at DIA. However, it would be inconsistent with his plan to create a ULCC.

Welcome aboard.
Old May 19, 2012, 3:24 pm

I'm flying out of DEN on the 29th, so I'll ask around if someone else isn't able to confirm first. It would be nice for sure!
Old May 19, 2012, 7:22 pm

Would be great

Currently Priority Pass only allows you access to the United Clubs at Denver with their select membership. It would be nice if Frontier accepted Priority Pass at their DIA lounge.
Old May 19, 2012, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
It would be nice if Frontier accepted Priority Pass at their DIA lounge.
It would be even nicer if Frontier actually had a lounge at DEN.
Old May 22, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
It would be even nicer if Frontier actually had a lounge at DEN.
Has Frontier ever had a lounge in DEN? If so, what was the pricing like, and did they give discounts for elites? Techinically, you could buy an Admiral's Club membership and use the joint AA/BA club in Concourse A. You don't have to be flying on AA or BA to use the club. Since I still maintain my Admiral's Club membership, I always pop upstairs before any of my Frontier flights.

Of course, if Frontier starts a club in DEN, and offers pricing that is significantly less that AA (I'd assume it would be since there would be only 1 club as opposed to 40+), I'd probably go for that.
Old May 22, 2012, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by nddomer04
Has Frontier ever had a lounge in DEN?
Not that I've ever seen.
Old May 23, 2012, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by nddomer04
Has Frontier ever had a lounge in DEN? If so, what was the pricing like, and did they give discounts for elites? Techinically, you could buy an Admiral's Club membership and use the joint AA/BA club in Concourse A. You don't have to be flying on AA or BA to use the club. Since I still maintain my Admiral's Club membership, I always pop upstairs before any of my Frontier flights.
Perhaps, when we see the FF partnership.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:49 pm

No Club News

Spoke with two different ticket agents, two gate agents, and the flight crew on my trip today and no one had heard anything about a club or lounge coming to DEN, or taking over the BA/AA lounge.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
With the only Best Care Club (in MKE) closing today (May 31), I don't see Frontier opening a new club in DEN anytime soon. Even on the website, they have only been advertising just one-day passes (no full-year memberships).

I think Frontier's problem (in addition to only having just one club) was that TPTB did not set up a system like Alaska Airlines, whose members have access to various AA and DL clubs (with reciprocal access to AS Board Rooms).

Maybe if Frontier opened a couple of more clubs and signed reciprocal contracts with other airlines, maybe they would have done better in that endeavor.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by danielonn
Currently Priority Pass only allows you access to the United Clubs at Denver with their select membership. It would be nice if Frontier accepted Priority Pass at their DIA lounge.
I was under the impression that Priority Pass Select recently dropped the United Club from its list...
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:46 pm

Spoke with two more different ticket agents and two gate agents yesterday, and none had heard of a forthcoming club to DEN.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
Spoke with two more different ticket agents and two gate agents yesterday, and none had heard of a forthcoming club to DEN.
I think this is nothing more than wishful thinking at this point. I haven't seen any evidence that there will be a club going in at DEN any time soon. The only thing that this is living on is the fact that there is available space for them to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.