New Route Cuts Including Newark

Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the call center moved into remodeled facilities at the former YX hangar about 1-1/2 years ago.
You're right...I will update the post.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:21 pm

Rich Rovito of the Business Journal will be interviewed on WTMJ Radio this afternoon, to discuss what he has found out.

Now they are interviewing Jay Sorensen about F9, who says "it will be very little time, before they cease to exist."

Last edited by mke9499; Feb 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Is the because you just made Summit or because you are moving back to MKE?
The is because I may be limited in my options for using my status after I move back. Looking forward to being home though !
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: N23344
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the call center moved into remodeled facilities at the former YX hangar about 1-1/2 years ago.
To move everyone to Denver they will have to expand the current GO or lease other office space. Prior to office and operations consolidating with Republic and Midwest, F9 leased office space away from the Frontier HQ where it housed the call center and other related functions. They moved the call center to the newly renovated GO offices once other functions moved out.

There are a still a few back office functions at the MKE airport in D concourse, in the cargo offices and at the hanger. Not sure how long they will be around though.

Moving the call center depends if they will be able lease out the hanger to any and if they want them there. The F9 call center did used to be in ABQ prior to being shut down when F9 combined with Midwest.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
I'm very disappointed that things are turning out this way for Frontier and the former YX employees that are still at MKE.

Will the F9 call center still remain at the maintenance facility?
Rich Rovito of the Business Journal says people already being given notice at the call center at MKE.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:05 pm

Rich Rovito of the Business Journal says people already being given notice at the call center at MKE.
A few may have been, but I wonder if he puts a number on that. From the Frontier Q and A yesterday:

Q. Will there be any changes in the Milwaukee reservations center?

A. The Milwaukee Reservations Center is not impacted by this change.
As we reallocate flying, our customer projections for 2012 remain
essentially unchanged, with just a new mix of markets. As Reservations
call volumes are correlated with passenger volumes, we need the
experienced reservations staff that we have in place. We continue to
believe that having redundant call centers in Milwaukee and Denver
supports our business, especially in the event of a weather or
technology impact that may disrupt one of the centers at any given
time.

davy
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:48 pm

Rich Rovito of the Business Journal will be interviewed on WTMJ Radio this afternoon, to discuss what he has found out.

Now they are interviewing Jay Sorensen about F9, who says "it will be very little time, before they cease to exist."
No way! Jay Sorensen ripping Frontier? Never!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by N522US
No way! Jay Sorensen ripping Frontier? Never!
It's true, it's true - LOL:

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/139132389.html

"Frontier Airlines expert believes we're watching 'slow death of the airline'

How he thinks that will help anyone is beyond me - but perhaps he doesn't want to help?

People tell me that I'm wrong to see a strong anti-Frontier bias in the Milwaukee media, but I haven't seen much change since Republic acquired Midwest and with people like Mr. Rovito and Mr. Sorenson around, who needs enemies?

davy
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by davywavy
It's true, it's true - LOL:

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/139132389.html

"Frontier Airlines expert believes we're watching 'slow death of the airline'

How he thinks that will help anyone is beyond me - but perhaps he doesn't want to help?

People tell me that I'm wrong to see a strong anti-Frontier bias in the Milwaukee media, but I haven't seen much change since Republic acquired Midwest and with people like Mr. Rovito and Mr. Sorenson around, who needs enemies?

davy
The MKE flying public isn't ripping Frontier because I think they don't really care anymore. Midwest is gone and they have moved on. The people ripping Frontier is former employees of Midwest and their union. I can't say that I blame them. MKE had a shot at becoming a true third airport solution for Chicago... Unfortunately it had to be low fares and not convenience that would lure patrons from South of the state line. Maybe in 10 years time and an updated Hiawatha line between Chicago and MKE, will we see another opportunity to become a third airport for Chitown. In the meantime Southwest will have opportunity to expand some if they wish at MKE without worry of Frontier trying to match them.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyYX
The MKE flying public isn't ripping Frontier because I think they don't really care anymore. Midwest is gone and they have moved on. The people ripping Frontier is former employees of Midwest and their union.
People keep telling me that, too, but those strident voices can do enormous p.r. damage. I would imagine a number of people have been scared off from booking today by the Sorenson comment, and it isn't just today.

I used to think MKE could be "sorted out" for Frontier, now I am not at all sure.

MKE has Southwest. Be happy.

davy
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
a very quick look at some departures now has F9 with less daily flights than UACO (21). I wouldn't be surprised with UA increasing flights to EWR, and hopefully even adding in IAD.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by WIRunner
a very quick look at some departures now has F9 with less daily flights than UACO (21). I wouldn't be surprised with UA increasing flights to EWR, and hopefully even adding in IAD.
There is always some airline to fill in the void. I have hope for MKE that someday it will be the airport we all want it to be. As for Sorensen's comment about Frontier dying a slow death.... He might be right. I am for free market myself, so if Frontier isn't a viable business, then it shouldn't exist. The big problem for Frontier is another airline probably would never be interested in buying them because they are a DEN centric airline. I believe DEN can support two hubs long term, but not three. Southwest is really aggressive in DEN and I don't see them laying off.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:21 pm

As for Sorensen's comment about Frontier dying a slow death.... He might be right. I am for free market myself, so if Frontier isn't a viable business, then it shouldn't exist.
I have no problem with that. I am actually amazed that Frontier is still around. For fourteen years, people have been telling me it is dying (or will be crushed).

Maybe one day they'll be right.

The big problem for Frontier is another airline probably would never be interested in buying them because they are a DEN centric airline. I believe DEN can support two hubs long term, but not three. Southwest is really aggressive in DEN and I don't see them laying off.
People have been telling me that since Southwest first announced DEN, too, but Frontier is still there, regained the #2 spot last November and will serve a record number of destinations from DEN this summer.

davy
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
MKE had a shot at becoming a true third airport solution for Chicago... Unfortunately it had to be low fares and not convenience that would lure patrons from South of the state line. Maybe in 10 years time and an updated Hiawatha line between Chicago and MKE, will we see another opportunity to become a third airport for Chitown. In the meantime Southwest will have opportunity to expand some if they wish at MKE without worry of Frontier trying to match them.
Wisconsin cancelling the Madison-Milwaukee rail was another nail in the coffin for MKE as a major hub airport. Bringing those passengers to feed MKE would have boosted traffic, since MKE, unlike ORD or MDW, has a convenient Amtrak intercity train station. As it was, Midwest's hub was failing, and Frontier has been unable to turn it around, in spite of substantial money and effort expended to do so, as has been well chronicled here. They have basically said MKE doesn't work, and we're packing our bags and heading back to DEN, where we have had some success.

RIP Midwest Express.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
So after this latest round of cuts, F9 will have 18 flights out of MKE. Can someone list them for me?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.