Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL adds MKE-LGA and DEN-LGA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:00 am
Original Poster

DL adds MKE-LGA and DEN-LGA

MKE-LGA will be 3x daily with a mix of CR9's and E70s.

DEN-LGA will be twice daily on 737s.

This is a result of the DL-US slot shuffle and comes on top of DL's recent announcement of MKE-JFK.

Interesting that DL went from having no service in the MKE-NYC market to serving two NYC airports from MKE next year.

Edited to add: DL is also adding one E70 daily on MCI-LGA

Last edited by newsmanhoss; Dec 16, 2011 at 10:53 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
MKE-LGA will be 3x daily with a mix of CR9's and E70s.

MKE-DEN will be twice daily on 737s.

This is a result of the DL-US slot shuffle and comes on top of DL's recent announcement of MKE-JFK.

Interesting that DL went from having no service in the MKE-NYC market to serving two NYC airports from MKE next year.

Edited to add: DL is also adding one E70 daily on MCI-LGA
Did they add MKE-DEN too? I can't see DL flying 2x '37's on that route.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:50 am

Thanks for sharing the news, hoss. It looks like DL is really ramping up at LGA.

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=18&item=162

It reminds me of the "old days" when NWA was the carrier to LGA from MKE.

The flight times look good for business travelers.

Hopefully, F9 will remain in the picture and not abandon MKE by reducing capacity even further.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Did they add MKE-DEN too? I can't see DL flying 2x '37's on that route.
That was an error on my part. It's corrected now to read DEN-LGA.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mke9499
Thanks for sharing the news, hoss. It looks like DL is really ramping up at LGA.

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=18&item=162

It reminds me of the "old days" when NWA was the carrier to LGA from MKE.

The flight times look good for business travelers.

Hopefully, F9 will remain in the picture and not abandon MKE by reducing capacity even further.
I assume NWA used larger equipment on the old days on that route.

It used to just be Midwest on MKE-LGA. For now, we have F9, FL and soon DL. We'll see who gets scared first.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:57 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Sorry - for whatever reason I thought I was still in the Delta forum. This question is probably best there.

I thought DEN's exclusion from LGA's perimeter rule was only for UA. Was the perimeter rule reduced or altered because of the slot swap?

Last edited by TTT; Dec 16, 2011 at 11:37 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:02 am

It used to just be Midwest on MKE-LGA. For now, we have F9, FL and soon DL. We'll see who gets scared first.
A long time ago, it used to be mostly the 727s on the route. Sorry, I'm going back awhile.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by mke9499
I guess that very much depends on what Southwest/Airtran does.

MKE-LGA looks to me to be capacity saturated with this addition. I don't see how anyone can make a buck on the route with this amount of capacity, especially in winter

davy.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davywavy

MKE-LGA looks to me to be capacity saturated with this addition. I don't see how anyone can make a buck on the route with this amount of capacity, especially in winter

davy.
Unless something changes, the summer 2012 daily schedule will be:

5x on FL 717s to LGA
2x on F9 E90s to LGA
3x on DL CR9s/E70s to LGA
1x on DL CR9s to JFK (wasn't this announced as 2x/day?)
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Unless something changes, the summer 2012 daily schedule will be:

5x on FL 717s to LGA
2x on F9 E90s to LGA
3x on DL CR9s/E70s to LGA
1x on DL CR9s to JFK (wasn't this announced as 2x/day?)
It will be interesting to see what WN does on this route. I can see the FL routes be eliminated completely by the end of the year, WN could easily use those slots for more lucrative routes.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by davywavy

davy.
I agree, but at least F9 has the advantage of having the lowest costs on the route (well as soon as AirTran costs match WN). I think the 2x daily is enough to keep business travelers decent on the route without the massive overcapacity they had last year (3xA319). We'll see, but I hate to see them bow down to DL on yet another route.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:39 pm

It used to just be Midwest on MKE-LGA.
Actually a couple of years ago NW used to have a bunch of p2p routes from MKE and LGA was one of them. It started out with an A319 but later on it was changed to several daily CRJs.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TTT
I thought DEN's exclusion from LGA's perimeter rule was only for UA. Was the perimeter rule reduced or altered because of the slot swap?
DEN is excluded from the perimter rule. It's not carrier-specific, and didn't come about as a function of the DL DCA - US LGA slot swap.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by piotrkol1
Actually a couple of years ago NW used to have a bunch of p2p routes from MKE and LGA was one of them. It started out with an A319 but later on it was changed to several daily CRJs.
True. However, I don't think the NWA mini-hub at MKE lasted longer than a year or two. It was quite impressive while it lasted.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
I agree, but at least F9 has the advantage of having the lowest costs on the route (well as soon as AirTran costs match WN). I think the 2x daily is enough to keep business travelers decent on the route without the massive overcapacity they had last year (3xA319). We'll see, but I hate to see them bow down to DL on yet another route.
Yes, I think 2 x daily is a good idea.

I think anything else depends on what Southwest/Airtran does.

Not to offend anyone at MKE but it is difficult for me to believe that some of the (Airtran) MKE slots at LGA and DCA could not be more profitably used elsewhere.

But this Delta/US slot swap is producing some interesting stuff. As it stands at the moment, I believe there are to be two or three adjustments to the retaliation routes that Delta started at MCI - I'll be keeping my eye on AUS and MSY. :-)

DCA-OMA is already gone from the Delta schedules by the end of the first week in January. I suppose US could pick that route up, but maybe not.

davy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.