Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | EarlyReturns
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 11, 10:32 am   #1
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CO+TX
Programs: F9 EarlyReturns, WN Rapid Rewards
Posts: 182
Doing a simulation project, looking for data for DEN

So, I decided to model part of DEN (from check-in to arrival at the concourse) for my final project in a simulation class at school. It's a big project, but I'm on a team of four, so that helps, right?

Anyway, I'm looking for data from people who fly out of DEN. When do you get to the airport relative to your flight? How long do you have to wait in line to check bags/print boarding passes/go through security? How long do those activities actually take? Do you use the curbside bag drop? Do you even check in at the airport, or do you check in online and just go directly to security?

There are a few other questions that I could ask, plus a bevy of questions that, if I got data from an airline (help, anyone?) I'd love to answer, but I figured I'd start with the above.

Thanks in advance with whatever you're able to provide! More detail is always better, and PM works if you don't want to reply in public.
iansltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 11, 1:32 pm   #2
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Colorado
Programs: F9 Summit, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 677
Happy to help. See my answers below to your questions. Keep in mind I have status on Frontier and United, so the figures represent being able to use the fastest lines, whether they be ticketing, baggage, or security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iansltx View Post
When do you get to the airport relative to your flight?
It depends on if I'm traveling by myself, with family, and whether if we have luggage to check.
  • Self w/o luggage: 45 mins.
  • Self w/luggage: 50 mins.
  • Family w/o luggage: 60 mins.
  • Family w/luggage: 75 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansltx View Post
How long do you have to wait in line to check bags/print boarding passes/go through security?
  • Print boarding pass: 0 mins.
  • Check bags: 0 - 5 mins.
  • Security: 0 - 5 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansltx View Post
Do you use the curbside bag drop?
Only when traveling with family and we are using off-airport parking. This would represent less than 5% of my annual trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansltx View Post
Do you even check in at the airport, or do you check in online and just go directly to security?
  • Self w/o luggage: online
  • Self w/luggage: airport
  • Family w/o luggage: online
  • Family w/luggage: airport


Good luck with your project. Where are you going to school?
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 11, 3:24 pm   #3
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CO+TX
Programs: F9 EarlyReturns, WN Rapid Rewards
Posts: 182
Thanks, Stumblefoot. I'm actually at Mines.
iansltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 11, 7:50 pm   #4
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Colorado
Programs: F9 Summit, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by iansltx View Post
Thanks, Stumblefoot. I'm actually at Mines.
Great school! Good luck with your project.
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 11, 6:48 pm   #5
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CO+TX
Programs: F9 EarlyReturns, WN Rapid Rewards
Posts: 182
Surveys!

So, if anyone wants to provide even more data (thanks!), I've got two surveys to fill out. One is a look at average flying habits; the other looks at per-flight statistics in great detail. The per-flight version has a printable version about the size of a boarding pass that you can print and take with you to the airport, for quicker data collection (though you'll have to enter it online when you get within reach of the Internet).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Overall survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...OFZtcEhKNkE6MQ

Flight-specific survey: http://ian.im/dia

Printable version: http://ian.im/diaprint
iansltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 11, 12:29 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Posts: 9,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by iansltx View Post
So, if anyone wants to provide even more data (thanks!), I've got two surveys to fill out. One is a look at average flying habits; the other looks at per-flight statistics in great detail. The per-flight version has a printable version about the size of a boarding pass that you can print and take with you to the airport, for quicker data collection (though you'll have to enter it online when you get within reach of the Internet).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Overall survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...OFZtcEhKNkE6MQ

Flight-specific survey: http://ian.im/dia

Printable version: http://ian.im/diaprint
Though I hate double posting, you may wish to write a new thread/post on the UA forum as well to get those numbers. Just remove references to Frontier, since those are covered on this forum.
__________________
2014 CPUs: 17/25 Missed: EWR-SEA, SEA-EWR, SFO-PHL, PHL-SFO (x2), SAN-EWR, IAD-SMF, PSP-IAH (excluding one downgrade)
aacharya is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:42 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.