Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | EarlyReturns
Sign in using an external account

Old Oct 26, 11, 1:31 pm   #1

Programs: AA (1MM)
Does Frontier EarlyReturns Provide for a Soft Landing?

If someone has Summit status and does not earn the necessary miles to either qualify for Summit or Ascent in the following year, will they drop to a Base member or "soft land" to Ascent?
ExitRowAisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 11, 7:04 pm   #2

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle View Post
If someone has Summit status and does not earn the necessary miles to either qualify for Summit or Ascent in the following year, will they drop to a Base member or "soft land" to Ascent?
I'll be in the same boat as you next year. I'm assuming we'll become a Base member.

I'm a perfect example of what can happen to a company's business when their systems are unable to provide an easy experience. I have encountered so many troubles with F9's website this year while booking travel, that when the site is down, or fails to process the reservation, it drives me to a competitor. Time is so precious and while I give F9 the first shot at my business, if the system doesn't work the first time, I'm off to a competitor to book my travel. I don't have time to waste, so while I could have easily been a Summit again in 2012, I ended up flying United and Southwest more than ever.

I really hope F9 is able to get their technical systems act together in 2012, because they really are my preferred airline.
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 11, 8:25 pm   #3

Programs: AS MVPG, Starwood Gold, Kimpton IC
Agree. Great onboard experience with great staff on F9. But worst IT systems in the industry, which says something when we've already got the atrocious AA and UA sites.
PotomacApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 11, 11:35 am   #4

Didn't realize I'd either asked such a difficult or unimportant question. I'll be sure to provide an update in February 2013 if I don't qualify for any level next year.
Old Feb 1, 13, 10:05 am   #5

Well, the answer to my ancient question is that (unlike some other airlines) Frontier drops former Summmit members down to base members if they don't have the flight activity to qualify for Ascent in the following year.