FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Blogger/author Sarah Hoyt unloads on Frontier

http://accordingtohoyt.com/2011/07/2...s-of-insanity/
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Hoyt

I wonder if she tried to use social media to resolve any of the issues. I read her extremely long rant, but did not notice any mention. I must admit that after awhile, I began to skim through, so I may have missed it.

It appears that @FrontierCare has been trying to resolve hailstorm-related issues head-on, where at all possible. Many F9 customers are replying with thanks and compliments (not all, but many), for answering questions promptly and looking into complaints.

Last edited by mke9499; Jul 21, 2011 at 11:30 am
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:40 am

Not to be callous, but by the end of this saga I was laughing. The world is apparently an awful place, or at least the parts of the world that don’t obediently revolve around this woman. Sheet happens.

She started to lose me early on with this statement:

I can tell you the date travel became a nightmare: about a year and a half after 9/11. We tried to make it from CO to NYC and the trip alone took close to twenty four hours.
Oh that’s right…March of 2003 is the date when the terrorist finally won – the scales were tipped because she had a bad personal experience in the post-9/11 world of travel. How could I forget. In case you missed that line, it was in one of the 12 paragraphs of rant before she even got to the Frontier story.

I have a feeling karma works overtime in this woman’s life. Enough said.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:44 am

<disclaimer...of course many Frontier customers had a bad experience in the chaos of the hail storm recovery. And some of those customers (justified or not) have a similar perception of their experience. That's a problem for Frontier, deserved or not, and I don't mean to discount that with my comment. But this particular woman's rant is dangerously close to off-the-rails.>
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:54 am

Unfortunately some of these rants could have been avoided if the author understood a little more about airlines. An example would be when employees were being generous and kind enough to hand out snacks and water. She decided to take this in a negative way by saying they weren't working the ticket counters and that we didn't know her food preferences. Well not everyone knows how to use the ticketing software. And why did she think it was a great idea to exit security I may never know...
Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:48 pm

We've all been inconvenienced by any airline at one time or another. Its part of air travel in 2011.

I guess by this time I've learned to suck it up and roll with the punches.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, F9 50K, NK Gold...AS MVP 50K soon?
Welp, that settles it. I'm doing a trip report for tomorrow's AUS-DEN flight. Brother and I are in 2B/2A on the last flight of the day and everything should be just peachy
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by iansltx
Welp, that settles it. I'm doing a trip report for tomorrow's AUS-DEN flight. Brother and I are in 2B/2A on the last flight of the day and everything should be just peachy
Enjoy! I was on that flight a few months ago on my way to Vegas!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
I've always said there should be a test before people are allowed to fly commercially, and this woman makes a very compelling case for a pre-check in quiz.

Question 1: How does what you paid for your ticket compare to what it costs to get you there?
a) It's outrageous! Next time I'm going to fly southwest because they don't gouge customers like you guys!
b) Eh, it's probably equal
c) I am getting away with grand larceny

Question 2: Where is the plane that will operate your flight to ATL right now?
a) its been in one of those big hangars by the runway all day, silly
b) I don't know?
c) It's stuck in a snowstorm in boise and I should be glad if I get to Atlanta by tuesday

Question 3:When there are long lines to rebook cancelled flights:
a) you'd better be serving roast turkey sandwiches with an organic chipotle mayo dressing and half caf latte frappachinos to everyone waiting in line
b)I just hope they move quickly
c) you're giving out cookies? Solid!

If you answered all C's, congratulations, we wish all of our customers were like you
If you answered all B's, you can fly
If you answered all A's, just hold on a minute, the rampers are just finishing up running over your bag with a catering truck, and please, go fly southwest. Let them deal with your crazy ***...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by captaink
I've always said there should be a test before people are allowed to fly commercially, and this woman makes a very compelling case for a pre-check in quiz.

Question 1: How does what you paid for your ticket compare to what it costs to get you there?
a) It's outrageous! Next time I'm going to fly southwest because they don't gouge customers like you guys!
b) Eh, it's probably equal
c) I am getting away with grand larceny

Question 2: Where is the plane that will operate your flight to ATL right now?
a) its been in one of those big hangars by the runway all day, silly
b) I don't know?
c) It's stuck in a snowstorm in boise and I should be glad if I get to Atlanta by tuesday

Question 3:When there are long lines to rebook cancelled flights:
a) you'd better be serving roast turkey sandwiches with an organic chipotle mayo dressing and half caf latte frappachinos to everyone waiting in line
b)I just hope they move quickly
c) you're giving out cookies? Solid!

If you answered all C's, congratulations, we wish all of our customers were like you
If you answered all B's, you can fly
If you answered all A's, just hold on a minute, the rampers are just finishing up running over your bag with a catering truck, and please, go fly southwest. Let them deal with your crazy ***...
Love it! ^
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Who is this woman and why are any of you wasting your time reading her blog when she obviously knows nothing about the airline industry?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL GM
+1. I need my 5 minutes back.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
My son and I were also impacted by the hailstorm nightmare trying to fly from PHL to LAS on 7/20. I was pleased (but not surprised) to be contacted by Frontier 36 hours before the flight with alternatives for me to choose from. It was a pleasant experience, but I understood their problems and realized that we needed to make the most of the situation. For me, it ended up being a direct flight that landed 6 hours before I was scheduled allowing for just a bit more vacation time.

I applaud Frontier for their hard work during this most difficult time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.