Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Linkage of Midwest account to Frontier

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Linkage of Midwest account to Frontier

My Frontier FFM account and my Midwest FFM account both can now be accessed on Frontier.com under the respective old account numbers and passwords. Has anyone else with both both accounts seen their Midwest miles added to their Frontier Miles account. Any idea what the time frame is on this part of the merger?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by sfo-atl
My Frontier FFM account and my Midwest FFM account both can now be accessed on Frontier.com under the respective old account numbers and passwords. Has anyone else with both both accounts seen their Midwest miles added to their Frontier Miles account. Any idea what the time frame is on this part of the merger?
My two accounts are also separate entities, at the moment.

I believe that the timeline has the accounts being merged by the end of November. It's a very sizeable project.

It will be interesting to see how successful the effort is in matching up MM accounts with ER accounts.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder what effect the merging will have on expiration. I have a small amount of miles at Frontier, and they sent me an email that they would expire soon a couple months ago at least, and my last activity was in Sep 2008, yet they're still there as of yesterday. Meanwhile, I have a single-digit amount of Midwest miles, from about the same period I think but maybe a few months later (I got the Midwest credit card at one point, transferred all the sign-up bonus miles to Amtrak, and so only the original qualifying first purchase miles were still there after that!).

I wonder whether they'll try to keep the original last activity dates from whichever one is newer, or whether they'll use the merger of miles from two accounts itself as "activity"? (I can't find anything in the T&Cs or merger FAQ to explain how the merger will affect expiration of miles, if you had miles at both Frontier and Midwest.)
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: My views are entirely my own and do not represent my employers or their shareholders in ANY way.
The word on the street is that accounts will be merged "soon." I can say that EarlyReturns agents have seen information about a specific time line, but at this point any further information I have is still considered proprietary and confidential. So, look forward to the account merges and if you have both an EarlyReturns account and a former Midwest Miles account please ensure all of your personal data matches exactly. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

-lgrw
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by letsgoredwings
The word on the street is that accounts will be merged "soon." I can say that EarlyReturns agents have seen information about a specific time line, but at this point any further information I have is still considered proprietary and confidential. So, look forward to the account merges and if you have both an EarlyReturns account and a former Midwest Miles account please ensure all of your personal data matches exactly. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

-lgrw
Thanks for the tips!

Do you know if it's very important that e-mail address match between the two? I made a point of trying to have everything match, but because my e-mail address was then on two profiles, I can't log in using it. (And it's a pain to always have to get my FF number to log in.) So I changed the e-mail address on one (same name, but one is @gmail.com, the other is @wi.rr.com). Much better to have them match for integration?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by knope2001
Thanks for the tips!

Do you know if it's very important that e-mail address match between the two? I made a point of trying to have everything match, but because my e-mail address was then on two profiles, I can't log in using it. (And it's a pain to always have to get my FF number to log in.) So I changed the e-mail address on one (same name, but one is @gmail.com, the other is @wi.rr.com). Much better to have them match for integration?
I have the same e-mail address for both accounts. If I try to log-in using my e-mail address (which was the log-in for my MM account), a message appears that there are multiple accounts for this e-mail address; please use FF account number to log-in.

I'm hoping that this is an indication that my two accounts will be easily matched and merged.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by mke9499
If I try to log-in using my e-mail address (which was the log-in for my MM account), a message appears that there are multiple accounts for this e-mail address; please use FF account number to log-in.
A friend gets the same message. He only had a MM account.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by RSVP
A friend gets the same message. He only had a MM account.
That can happen if more than one MM account number had the same e-mail address...even an inactive account or one with zero balance.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
That can happen if more than one MM account number had the same e-mail address...even an inactive account or one with zero balance.
It's only one account number, and far from inactive and a zero balance.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: My views are entirely my own and do not represent my employers or their shareholders in ANY way.
Originally Posted by knope2001
Thanks for the tips!

When working on accounts to be merged, ER agents are told to make sure all data matches exactly. I would encourage you to make both match by the end of the weekend. You just might be surprised by my ambiguous "soon." Sorry I can't say more, but I don't have the information in front of me at the moment. PM me if you'd like.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by sfo-atl
According to a FrontierCare tweet tonight, "We are still working on it. May be a few more weeks."
Old Dec 21, 2010, 1:07 pm

The last I heard was that they were aiming to complete the project by the end of this month.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:08 pm

October 2010 newsletter stated:

If you have both a Midwest Miles account and an EarlyReturns account, you can temporarily continue to use both account numbers. In the next few weeks, your accounts will be merged in full and we’ll notify you which account number you should use going forward.
Then it was subsequently indicated that accounts were to be merged by end of 2010.

It's obviously a major project, but does anyone have any updates?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
My MM and ER accounts were finally merged yesterday! If I log into my ER account the mileage shows but no account history. I suppose someday that ER account number will just disappear? It seems my MM number has become my ER number now so I will just use that number exclusively. So if you are still waiting for your accounts to be merged there is hope!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
My ER balance was due to expire after 24 months of inactivity, and did so on 12/31. I had contacted them in October regarding this and they assured me that the accounts would be combined before the miles expired. Fortunately, they were happy to restore my ER balance to my MM account number (which had activity in October) with just a quick email. So I guess my accounts are also now combined, using the old MM number going forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.