Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:12 am
Original Poster

F9 1st Quarter 2010

First quarter finances:

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver...html?ana=yfcpc

Last edited by mke9499; Jun 29, 2010 at 9:29 am
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
How could they lose money relative to Southwest? Frontier's fares are higher, they charge bag fees, they charge change fees and they charge for Direct TV, or they charge for Classic or Classic Plus, which are even higher than Southwest most times. They fly to cities (like Akron, Fairbanks, Anchorage and several in Mexico) that Southwest won't go to, so they have a captive market for those and can charge even more. When Southwest enters a market they are in, they pull back service.

Could it be that when given the choice between higher fares and lower fares, people actually will go with the airline that has lower fares? Could people actually be smart enough to factor in bag fees and change fees in their purchasing decisions?

It appears that this is the case.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Or they are combining 2 different airlines and are expanding?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Priority Club
I suspect it will get better in the summer before WN really starts squeezing F9 in DEN further. I'm not sure how long F9 can hold on at this rate.

DEN-RAP was just cancelled and DEN-BOI was cancelled "seasonally" for the late fall/Winter. We'll see if BOI really does come back next summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.