Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Reservations on F9

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Seat Reservations on F9

I bought a ticket on Expedia involving travel on F9. Most of the travel is on US, with one segment on Frontier. My question is, how do I choose my F9 seats before check-in? I went to the website and did not see any way to pre-select the seats, even with my locater number. This is my first time on Frontier-do they even allow passengers to pre-select seats or do they do it Southwest style?

Thanks.
Old May 4, 2009, 12:10 pm

If you bought your ticket on Expedia, you bought and "economy" level fare. You will have an opportunity to choose your seat 24hr in advance at check in. For details on Fronter's AirFair program see here:

Frontier AirFairs
Old May 4, 2009, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:57 pm

Is there any way to upgrade or otherwise pay for a seat assignment if the ticket you purchased was the lowest Economy fare?

The self-booking tool we're required to use at my company (Fortune 500 company w/ 20,000+ employees) doesn't give an option to buy anything but the lowest available fare class on any given flight.

On some other airlines I'm able to, after purchase, go in and pay an upcharge to do things like buy a premium seat assignment. Is that something you can do on Frontier, or are you locked in if you buy the lowest fare?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
Is there any way to upgrade or otherwise pay for a seat assignment if the ticket you purchased was the lowest Economy fare?

The self-booking tool we're required to use at my company (Fortune 500 company w/ 20,000+ employees) doesn't give an option to buy anything but the lowest available fare class on any given flight.

On some other airlines I'm able to, after purchase, go in and pay an upcharge to do things like buy a premium seat assignment. Is that something you can do on Frontier, or are you locked in if you buy the lowest fare?
Unfortunately, there is no way to upgrade from one to the other. The reason is that Frontier wants to drive as much traffic as possible to the company website. I have heard in the past that they were going to work with the websites to figure out how to display more than one fare type, but there are probably bigger fish to fry right now.

However, I can't imagine they want you to book away because of the restrictions your company places on you. You might have some luck speaking to someone in the business travel program. You never know, they may have a workaround already in place for some larger clients they could extend to whomever you work for.

Business Travel Program (BTP)
Program Assistance: 800-952-7637
Reservations: 800-243-6297 or
Denver Metro: (303) 371-7171

Reservations for BTP can be made during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday

Checko
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:34 pm

Thanks! Hopefully at some point there's a remedy because our accounting group is exceptionally inflexible about buying air travel through anything but the contracted booking tool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.