Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are Frontier miles convertable

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

are Frontier miles convertable

Can you convert them to any other points program beside points.com?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Originally Posted by trubador
Can you convert them to any other points program beside points.com?
if you have 20k you can get a free rt on airtran, subject to availability
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, WN Cargo, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Oh how I wish I could do something with them. I want to fly back to STL to visit friends and family some weekend. Would like to leave Friday afternoon, come back Monday morning, or some +/- deviation thereof. After spending 30 minutes trying to beat the Sept 15 deadline, I'm still SOL. I either get the first flight or the last flight, and in a configuration that just does not work for my schedule.

I'm wishing that I would not have got the F9 Master Card a few years ago. I have 38,000 points, and can't seem to use them since I'm not elite yet. If I could sell them, barter, or something I would. There was a trade of sorts on points.com, but the person offering 14,000 AA miles for 15,000 F9 didn't have enough AA miles to get it done. Rats!

Is it me, or is their FF program something that would drive people away now? When I first signed up I was able to use the 15,000 miles from the Master Card within a month and go STL/DEN/SFO Roundtrip with plenty of availability. I loved Frontier and the program three years ago. Put tons of business expenses on the MasterCard, stayed at Marriot's, etc. In hindsight I would have done something much different.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

I just booked a couple of trips and used almost all of my miles. Some of the trips are for March and April, so I really hope they are still flying then.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
Originally Posted by airshane
I'm wishing that I would not have got the F9 Master Card a few years ago.
Same here. I've got the Frontier card several years ago when I was living in a city served by Frontier. Now that I live where Frontier doesn't serve, I'm stuck banking my miles until I get around to calling an getting an AirTran ticket booked. I did call once a few months ago but the AirTran customer service had no idea what I was talking about. One of these days I'll have to be persistant and get the conversion done.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, WN Cargo, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Lifetime Platinum
If Airtran flew anywhere I'd go that route. I actually went ahead and booked a few flights with my miles before the deadline for some flights I knew I was going to take. I had to get creative with my dates on December, and was able to book mid week in Feb. That leaves me with 8,000 miles. I thought about buying some and booking another to close it out, but I guess I can always wait until later if I need them. The feb flight might get changed or canceled anyway, and I'll have enough then. Just don't want to completely lose them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.