Frontier (DIA) Lost and Found Information

Old Jun 14, 2008, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Question Frontier (DIA) Lost and Found Information

I was on a Frontier flight earlier this week where I accidentally left my digital camera in the seat pocket in front of me on the plane in Denver.

I followed all the procedures with leaving all the information about the camera, flight information, etc. with lost and found.

My question is, for any Frontier employees at DIA or anyone who has left something on a plane, what are the chances of getting back my camera? Are the cleaning crews for the most part honest and turn items like this in? Are a lot of cameras turned in? What's the timeline to usually find out if the item is found? Has anyone had there camera returned?

I know these are a lot of questions, but if anyone can help out with any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

It's not so much about the camera, but the many pictures from my vacation on it that I would love to get back and mean a lot.

THANKS!
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
First, welcome to Flyertalk. I wish I had better news for you, but I will share my experience.

I would put your chances at slim to none. I left a cell phone in the boarding area at FLL and a Jet Blue agent found it. He even called my wife and parents to let them know that he was putting it on a F9 flight back to Denver for me. The Frontier agents in FLL gave my wife the number for lost and found in DEN for me to arrange to get it back. I ended up calling the lost and found line repeatedly, the Summit line, and visiting the airport counter along with numerous emails including pictures. Never got the phone back or a return call or email from the lost and found department. In the end I'd have been better off if somebody put the phone in the dumpster, never called, and saved me the trouble.

My buddy left his wallet in the pocket on a US flight into DEN and he got it back. I left a coat in the overhead bin on a US flight into CLT and got that back too. So I guess that there's a chance for you.

It is unfortunate that my experiences with the lost and found department were not as good as all my other experiences with F9. I have a new cell phone contract to show for it.

Last edited by zdave; Jun 14, 2008 at 11:09 pm Reason: add welcome
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Red face

Thanks zdave to your reply on the matter!

I've never left anything on a plane before, so I was definitely treading new waters.

Thankfully, after nearly a week of being lost, I got contacted today by Frontier. They had my camera which I went to pick up right away.

One thing I learned from this, be patient about finding out information (though they don't make it easy for you). Another thing is that there are some honest people who turn items in when found. Oh, and don't leave anything on a plane - though now I know it happens sometimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.