Wiki Posts
Search

How do you FF deal with Frontier's uncertainty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2008, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
How do you FF deal with Frontier's uncertainty

I just came back from a trip on Frontier, MCO-DEN-SEA.
I did the outbound on UA, SEA-DEN-MCO. I really enjoyed the Frontier flights, newer and cleaner planes, IFE, friendly flight attendants and on time flights.
Before they filed for chapter 11 I was thinking to give my business to Frontier for my monthly flights to ATL and some other flights I do throughout the US. However with the uncertainty wether they might suddenly stop flying or not makes me wonder.
How do you FF's on Frontier deal with this? Are you still booking the same amount of flights as you used to or are you more cautious, worried that any day could be their last as it happened with ATA and Aloha?
Just wondering, as I would have a really hard time to decide.
I remember when Air Canada was in bankrupcy I kept flying with them, not to worried as there was almost no way that they would dissappear, Frontier of course is a different situation all together.

Also, did you experience a difference in FA's attitude since filing for chapter 11.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: F9 Ascent, UA, AA, AS, ICH PA, Hertz PC.....
I intend to continue to use F9 when I can. My travel has dropped to almost zero since getting laid off in January, though... I used to travel at least monthly, and often more.

Now, I am giving some thought to using a slug of my miles soon...but probably would have anyway. Given what I've read so far (and I am NOT a financial analyst) I think F9 should stay in business...

RFTraveler....
Old Apr 20, 2008, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I tend to think they're not going anywhere. They've got a fair amount of cash on hand, and a pretty decent cost structure. Not sure what bankruptcy is going to do for them except for eliminating the hold back problem.

The bigger problem is that the new CEO comes from Air Canada and is thinking about radically changing the fair structure to look something like Air Canada's. Air Canada's menu pricing (some get drinks/some get miles/some get checked bags/some get seat assignments) may work where there is an essential monopoly (OK, maybe duopoly) but it doesn't sound too good to me. I'm working on 100K with F9 this year and if they don't get the fare structure right, ... I may be back to AA, connection of not, but almost always F.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I tend to think they're not going anywhere. They've got a fair amount of cash on hand, and a pretty decent cost structure. Not sure what bankruptcy is going to do for them except for eliminating the hold back problem.

The bigger problem is that the new CEO comes from Air Canada and is thinking about radically changing the fair structure to look something like Air Canada's. Air Canada's menu pricing (some get drinks/some get miles/some get checked bags/some get seat assignments) may work where there is an essential monopoly (OK, maybe duopoly) but it doesn't sound too good to me. I'm working on 100K with F9 this year and if they don't get the fare structure right, ... I may be back to AA, connection of not, but almost always F.
With about 30K miles in my account and the lack of award seats I am worried. I am still flying F9, I have 2 flights the next 2 weeks on them. But using the miles is a problem, I have really no problem using my WN RR so I am going to use WN more.

As for what the Chapter 11 filing does for them this week became more obvious. Cutting the republic flights and their agreement spells out that the E170 planes cost to much to fly vs. revenue. The Chapter 11 filing protects them from a huge cost of cutting republic. Look for more adjustments and cuts. With WN adding more capacity again at DEN again this week it really puts more pressure on F9. Going to be a long summer.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Seems F9 was really on the ball with Lynx, despite the high start-up costs... more airlines are ditching their RJ's and replacing them with Q400, including Horizon Air, which announced today:

http://www.alaskasworld.com/newsroom...terstitialskip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.