Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Global Entry
Last year I won 2 free tickets on Emirates anywhere they fly and $2,000. i was crazy and booked LAX-DXB DXB-SYD just so I could fulfill a life long dream of traveling to Australia. Thanks to FT I was able to accomplish this goal!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by FromMAtoAZ
Last year I won 2 free tickets on Emirates anywhere they fly and $2,000. i was crazy and booked LAX-DXB DXB-SYD just so I could fulfill a life long dream of traveling to Australia. Thanks to FT I was able to accomplish this goal!
Wonderful win. Congratulations! ^
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FromMAtoAZ
That sounds like a great trip! Even if you're going the long way around the globe, you can't beat free! :-)
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:18 pm

Won a "Bud Light Ultimate NFL Weekend" in December. It was a trip for 4 to my choice of games (the next weekend). I chose to see the Seahawks play in Phoenix.

RT Air for 4, 2 hotel rooms, car service, $1000 spending money, $400 concession cash, and $400 stadium cash. It was a great prize to share with our best friends.

Less than a month later, I won a grand prize in the "Alamo Coast to Castle". I chose the option of a Disney Cruise (Cruise, Disneyworld or Disneyland). We went on the Disney Magic in mid January. RT Airfare, 7 nt cruise in Ocean View Cabin, cruise line daily tips, 1 nt hotel before cruise, $500 visa card and $500 Disney gift card.

Luckily they fell in 2 different tax years, but since they are considered gambling winnings, I have been holding on to every scratch or raffle ticket loss to help offset the winnings!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Congrats!
Old May 6, 2015, 7:39 am

Any tips for someone who is starting to enter contests?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by yolie

Thanks
Just enter them. You can't win if you don't enter.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: A3 Gold

Thanks
Read the rules before entering. I'm always a little more suspicious of contests with skimpy rules, especially from sponsors I've never heard of. You also get more details about trips. A proclamation of "Free trip for you and a guest to place X" could turn out to be a $500 airline voucher, which wouldn't even be enough to pay for one of you. Or you may have to travel on specific dates, which might not work for you.

But generally, I was surprised about how much stuff is just out there to try for and how helpful communities like this one are.

And I was definitely surprised when I won a big prize within a month of taking up this hobby :-)

Last edited by krasnoludek; May 7, 2015 at 5:28 pm Reason: added that winning is possible
Old May 8, 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by krasnoludek

And I was definitely surprised when I won a big prize within a month of taking up this hobby :-)
Same thing happened to me when I started about 7- 8 years ago. Won a trip to Las Vegas right off the bat, and haven't looked back since!
Old May 8, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold

Thanks
Poorly advertised + worthwhile prize = best contest to enter, IME. I've won a few that way.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
I won 2 free tix on AA!!

* Two roundtrip American Airlines tickets, valid for economy class travel in the 50 U.S. or D.C. Value $3,000

Got an email this morning I had won the contest. Second time winning something from a FlyerTalk post

Thank SkiAdcock for the link!!!
Old May 12, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ckidder331
* Two roundtrip American Airlines tickets, valid for economy class travel in the 50 U.S. or D.C. Value $3,000

Got an email this morning I had won the contest. Second time winning something from a FlyerTalk post

Thank SkiAdcock for the link!!!
You're welcome! Congrats!
Old May 13, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by ckidder331
* two roundtrip american airlines tickets, valid for economy class travel in the 50 u.s. Or d.c. Value $3,000

got an email this morning i had won the contest. Second time winning something from a flyertalk post

thank skiadcock for the link!!!
congrats!! So cool..
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:34 pm

Big news from the Hello Brazil Sweepstakes

We're happy to let you know that you're a winner in the Hello Brazil Sweepstakes! You've won 200 Le Club Accorhotels points, which have an approximate retail value of $4.32. Congratulations!

Pop the champagne! Let's celebrate!

Thanks but no thanks, Accor!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Not FT related...

but two weeks ago i won the HTC Robinson Cano Sweepstakes!

I received two Mariners tickets, an autograph jersey and an autographed baseball.

I really want to win a trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.