Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

MARRIOTT: Trip to Hawaii or S. Carolina; 1/19/17dl; Daily; 21+; Void NJ,PR

Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

MARRIOTT VACATION CLUB - CHOOSE YOUR ISLAND ESCAPE

* 6-day trip for 2 to your choice of Marriott’s KoOlina Beach Club in Oahu, HI, or Marriott’s Grande Ocean in Hilton Head Island, SC, incl a $1,000 Visa gift card to use towards transportation and stay in either 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom villa. Value $3,235

https://MarriottVacationClubEscape.dja.com
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: A3 Gold
From the rules: "THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING TIMESHARE SALES."

Just FYI that you will probably be called with timeshare offers.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krasnoludek
From the rules: "THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING TIMESHARE SALES."

Just FYI that you will probably be called with timeshare offers.
Only if you check the part on the entry form that says to contact you I've entered many Marriott timeshare sweeps & never been contacted by them w/ timeshare offers.

Cheers.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Only if you check the part on the entry form that says to contact you I've entered many Marriott timeshare sweeps & never been contacted by them w/ timeshare offers.

Cheers.
Ah, good to know. I just entered then.

I've been bugged in the past from timeshares offers from Diamond International and some other sweepstakes, so I've just been wary to enter anything that may give my contact info to timeshares.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krasnoludek
Ah, good to know. I just entered then.

I've been bugged in the past from timeshares offers from Diamond International and some other sweepstakes, so I've just been wary to enter anything that may give my contact info to timeshares.
This Marriott sweeps (and most Marriott ones IIRC) you have to pro-actively check the please contact me. Unless you do that you won't be contacted.

Having said that, the thing to do is always make sure you notice what the other stuff is re: (any) sweeps. Some are pre-checked; some aren't. If you (generic you, not specific you) don't read those parts & it's pre-checked (again, generic, not specific to Marriott) you might get contacted. But at that point it's on the person entering for not checking (pardon the pun) before entering & not the entity.

I always read the blurbs next to stuff that's checked or can be checked.

And while we're on the topic, although this is a bit off Marriott, there will be sweepstakes that require you to sign up for their e-newsletters or emails. That's not a biggie at all. I still enter those. When I get the first email I then unsubscribe & they honor the unsubscribe.

PS - I have heard of other hotel companies w/ timeshares (or just generic timeshare companies) that do contact you after you enter a sweeps, but Marriott normally isn't like that. Still, always read everything/check marks.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.