Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Take Two: What is Your Favorite "Secret" Thing to do (or Place to Eat) in Paris?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take Two: What is Your Favorite "Secret" Thing to do (or Place to Eat) in Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by boboqui
Restaurant Victor was amazing! We ate there several times, the foie grois was magnifique! The wine was excellent! So much so we're repeating our stay.

Any new finds?

Merci encore.
Glad you liked it. Here's a thread with lots of suggestions. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...nts-paris.html
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:24 pm

Restaurant Victor was amazing! We ate there several times, the foie grois was magnifique! The wine was excellent! So much so we're repeating our stay.

Any new finds?

Merci encore.
Scratch Restaurant Victor, the foie grois was disappointing, and the "french" truffles risotto dish of the day was ridiculous - a few shaving of truffle over rice and cream does not make a risotto. The recommended $50 bottle of $10 wine was no find either.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Any new "Secrets" seems that the thread could use a refresh.. I'm just staring to look and will post mine as I find them. In the meantime perhaps you may want to share? Thanks and Safe Travels

This place seems like a secret: Run by a church, in a church and your lunch proceeds helps feed the less fortunate..

http://www.foyerdelamadeleine.fr

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 13, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Any suggestions around the Opera? I'm staying at the W Paris this November...It's actually my first time in Paris.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Any suggestions around the Opera? I'm staying at the W Paris this November...It's actually my first time in Paris.
Le Souffle and Le Grand Colbert come to mind.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:19 am

I am looking for suggestions near the Hotel California Paris Champs Elysees on Rue de Berri. Merci!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
It's a short walk to Place du Marché-Saint-Honoré where you will find plenty of good choices. The W is also near Harry's Bar which is a great place for a cocktail.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am looking for suggestions near the Hotel California Paris Champs Elysees on Rue de Berri. Merci!
The gourmet restaurant at the Lancaster on Rue de Berri is very good. 1 Michelin star. http://www.hotel-lancaster.com/uk/re...teau-paris.php
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
The gourmet restaurant at the Lancaster on Rue de Berri is very good. 1 Michelin star. http://www.hotel-lancaster.com/uk/re...teau-paris.php
Very tempting but way out of my price range. How about a regular restaurant where I can get a good lunch? - thanks!

Last edited by boboqui; Oct 21, 2016 at 6:15 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:26 pm

Very tempting but way out of my price range. How about a regular restaurant where I can get a good lunch? - thanks!
Gee, it's only 150€ per person for lunch. (And up).

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Oct 22, 2016 at 7:31 am
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
One of my favorite lunches in Paris is ham and cheese on a baguette from any of probably hundreds of boulangeries. That will save about 147€.
wysiwyg likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately you've chosen the heart of the tourism area of Paris. Pretty much everything around there is overpriced. Even the bakeries! You'd be best heading over to a different neighborhood for food. Try Bistrot Mazarin on the left bank. Good food at a good price near a trendy area. I've sent several Flyertalkers there and they've all reported back that they loved it.

If you like gourmet burgers, try Le Razowski http://www.paris-burger.com/restaurant/le-razowski/ It's also in a trendy area, but near the Opera. Not too pricey.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I had a great lunch here last month for less than 20 Euro with a 1/2 litre of wine. Very cool spot. http://www.bouillon-chartier.com/en/

Really enjoyed myself and its in a historic building as well..
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I had a great lunch here last month for less than 20 Euro with a 1/2 litre of wine. Very cool spot. http://www.bouillon-chartier.com/en/

Really enjoyed myself and its in a historic building as well..
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Update: Had an enjoyable lunch there.

Last edited by boboqui; Feb 1, 2017 at 2:44 am Reason: Update
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Unfortunately you've chosen the heart of the tourism area of Paris. Pretty much everything around there is overpriced. Even the bakeries! You'd be best heading over to a different neighborhood for food. Try Bistrot Mazarin on the left bank. Good food at a good price near a trendy area. I've sent several Flyertalkers there and they've all reported back that they loved it.

If you like gourmet burgers, try Le Razowski http://www.paris-burger.com/restaurant/le-razowski/ It's also in a trendy area, but near the Opera. Not too pricey.
The Bistrot Mazarin is perfect! Merci.

Update: We made it there and left. The restaurant was a little run down and the loud radio drove us away. We ended up having a pretty good dinner at the Bistrot du Mer nearby.

Last edited by boboqui; Feb 1, 2017 at 2:41 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.