Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

? re: early June in Chamonix & (lack of) hotel reservations

Old May 3, 2009, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM

We usually prebook lodging in advance but have a trip coming up in early June for which we would like to plan which days will be spent at which destinations based on weather and visibility.

So, would those of you with knowledge of hotel demand in the Alps think that we will be able to find desirable lodging in Chamonix in early June at the last minute?

Thanks much.
Old May 8, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL (NW) Silver, UA (CO), AA, AC
I would expect that you should be able to find accommodation. The biggest issue is likely that many of the hotels will not have opened for the season. Many of the cable cars (tlphriques), etc. don't tend to start until early June (and you can encounter snow on the high trails. Nice and quiet time to enjoy the high mountains without the trails.
Old May 9, 2009, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

go to police station to find an open hotel.

we went to casis one feb. all 32 hotels seemed closed. we went to the police station to find the only open hotel(one other pair of guests), and one open restaurant(the other pair were there also).
Old May 13, 2009, 10:42 am

finding accommodation in Chamonix in June

I don't think you should find it too difficult in June. Hotels will be open since there are some events that month, starting with the old car rallye.
Here is a link that may prove useful to find accommodation there: http://www.chamonix.com/page.php?pag...amping&ling=en

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.