Reload this Page >

Christmas week in Cannes

Christmas week in Cannes

Old Dec 6, 2008, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Christmas week in Cannes

We will be staying at a friend's apartment in Cannes from 21 Dec through 28 Dec. Can anyone give me advice about dining options, internet cafes, things to do, things to avoid, etc.?

Many thanks!

Last edited by SFOTerry; Dec 6, 2008 at 9:53 am
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
lonely bump.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
lonely bump.
Ok I'll jump in

I have spent 20 years in Cannes as a kid (but it was 20 years ago )
However, my parents still live there and I will try to help you a little even if December is not the best month:

Dining:

- Nice restaurants on the old harbour "vieux port". I would avoid them during summer time but locals go there in Winter months
- My favourite (very central, small, but EXCEPTIONAL Italian oldfashionned cuisine): Da Laura, rue du 24 Aout.
- Rue Saint-Antoine (old town): plenty of nice restaurants, although some might be closed now.

Drinks:

- Have a drink in the famous "Bar des célébrités" in the Hotel Carlton. You can "see" the souls of so many famous stars who enjoy to sit here during the Film Festival.

Tours:

If you have a car and by clear weather, a "must go" are the small vilages above Cannes, such as Gourdon, Tourrettes-sur-Loup, Saint-Paul-de-Vence
30-45 minutes drive, but so beautiful and such a nice view. By very clear weather, you can see Corsica ^.

Please feel free to contact me should you need more information and I'll try to assist you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.