Reload this Page >

A Night in the Metro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night in the Metro

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
A Night in the Metro

I was reading through my Lonely Planet, "Paris Encounter," book and found this tour:
Une Nuit en Metro (A Night in the Metro)

It had this website listed:
http://ademas.assoc.free.fr/

I tried using an online web page translator, but I can't find info on actually booking the tour. From the sounds of it, these aren't done often, and people actually have to book 6+ months in advance. This pdf has some good info, and photos of the tour (all in French):
http://ademas.assoc.free.fr/pdf/une_nuit_en_metro.pdf

Anyone ever done this? Can anyone find info on when the tours are offered and/or how to book?

Seems like I may want to wait for a future trip to Paris to do this, and after I've gotten more of a handle on the French language.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by aztimm
I was reading through my Lonely Planet, "Paris Encounter," book and found this tour:
Une Nuit en Metro (A Night in the Metro)

It had this website listed:
http://ademas.assoc.free.fr/

I tried using an online web page translator, but I can't find info on actually booking the tour. From the sounds of it, these aren't done often, and people actually have to book 6+ months in advance. This pdf has some good info, and photos of the tour (all in French):
http://ademas.assoc.free.fr/pdf/une_nuit_en_metro.pdf

Anyone ever done this? Can anyone find info on when the tours are offered and/or how to book?

Seems like I may want to wait for a future trip to Paris to do this, and after I've gotten more of a handle on the French language.
I would have loved to make this tour, too. Unfortunately, according to trhe web site :

"Depuis l’incident qui s’est produit lors du circuit RATP du 16 septembre 2007, la RATP n’autorise plus les trains spéciaux à passer par les voies secondaires (raccordements, ateliers, …)."

and

"En raison de l’interdiction de passer par les voies secondaires, l’ADEMAS ne peut pas organiser de circuit."

There was an incident on the tour organized on Sep. 16th, 2007. Since that date, RATP no longer allows special trains to use secondary tracks. For this reason, the association (Ademas) can no longer organize its tours .
Old Nov 29, 2008, 4:04 pm
iff

The train tours are no longer running, but you can take a guided tour on foot. The .pdf brochure has a form to fill out and return by mail. In the first trimester of 2009, you can choose the morning of January 10 or February 7.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 4:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
I'm relieved to find out this was organized and (seemingly) a good thing.

From the title my initial impression was someone having been stranded, or worse.

OT: Worst that has happened to me was a dopey guy asking for a cigarette and not taking No for an answer. This was well after midnight, when things can get a little spooky in the Metro stations.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by benzguy80
I'm relieved to find out this was organized and (seemingly) a good thing.
I've read only good reports about this tour in the French rail magazine, La Vie du Rail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.