Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Shower at Charles de Gaulle / CDG airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower at Charles de Gaulle / CDG airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
*A lounge in T1 has a couple of showers, but there can be a bit of a wait. They'll give you one of those square plates that light up and vibrate when the room's ready. I don't recall what's in the adjacent IFL lounge; it's been a couple of years since I've been there.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Jan 31, 2016 at 8:59 am Reason: Wrong terminal
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
*A lounge in T2 has a couple of showers
*A lounge is in T1
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by Goldorak
*A lounge is in T1
Right! See how confusing CDG is??? (I've gone back and corrected my post).
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hello,

What is the name of the T1 lounge? Who has access to it? Scheduled on a flight from LAX via JFK with early AM arrival. Would be nice to have a place to unwind and shower while I wait for hotel checkin time.

Thanks,
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Which airline are you flying ? You mention arriving from JFK which makes me think you fly either AF, AA, or DL and none of those airlines fly to/from T1, so you won't be able to access a lounge (airside) in T1.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by ArrVea
Hello,

What is the name of the T1 lounge? Who has access to it? Scheduled on a flight from LAX via JFK with early AM arrival. Would be nice to have a place to unwind and shower while I wait for hotel checkin time.

Thanks,
Are you sure you're flying into T1? Looking at your other posts, it appears you're flying AA, which uses T2; the info for the AA lounge in T2 is here. Hope this helps-
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:54 am

While the AA lounge in T2 has showers, I an not sure incoming passengers have access.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
While the AA lounge in T2 has showers, I an not sure incoming passengers have access.
One might think so. I have seen inbound passengers flatly turned away from the United Club in T1. It has been my understanding that all of the lounges did the same and only allowed entrance to outbound passengers.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Tamino
One might think so. I have seen inbound passengers flatly turned away from the United Club in T1. It has been my understanding that all of the lounges did the same and only allowed entrance to outbound passengers.
Is it the clubs or access? Coming in from overseas, aren't passengers forced to go through immigration, which gets them landslide, and once there, they can't get back airside without an ongoing boarding pass?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:15 am

Good point. I believe that the AA lounge in Terminal 2 is accessible to outbound passengers only.

However, in Terminal 1, the inbound passengers who have not yet processed through Immigration, mix with outbound passengers who have just passed trough passport control. It is within this common area where the United Club is located. Inbound passengers, who have not yet processed through Immigration, can access the United Club but they will not be admitted, regardless of their club status, unless they are ticketed outbound.

I have never understood why and I have never seen such a restriction anywhere else. I can only assume it is a CDG restriction for whatever reason.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Tamino
It is within this common area where the United Club is located. Inbound passengers, who have not yet processed through Immigration, can access the United Club but they will not be admitted, regardless of their club status, unless they are ticketed outbound.
I have used several times the UA lounge on arrival flying in J and without connection in CDG. But that was several years ago, so they may have changed their policy.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:58 am

It doesn´t make any sense to me personally but it was not too long ago, within the last two years, that I was waiting to check in at the United Club and the person in front of me was incensed that he was not allowed access because, in spite of his card status, he was inbound and did not have an outbound ticket.

I cannot remember ever being asked for a ticket when entering a United Club at any other airport but the United Club at CDG always asks for and checks my outbound ticket.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Any overall update to this situation? Perhaps we could pin a wiki/sticky summary to the top of the thread? Thanks -Ken
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:16 pm

The update is that there is no change. Lacking evidence to the contrary, airport lounges at CDG are for departing passengers only, and specifically at T1 where inbound passengers do otherwise have access to the lounges before they pass through Immigration. However, for admittance to the lounges, you must have both acceptable credentials of some type and an outbound boarding pass.

Generally, I found that the wikis or stickies contain a good amount of obsolete information.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by typical
Ibis is now €14 per hour, minimum 2 hours. Tax on top.

Free wifi. The usual Ibis multi-purpose face/body/hair/clothes/dishes/bathtub multi-wash liquid. Small rooms, even for an Ibis (fine for one, would be a bit cramped for two plus luggage).
Does anyone know if this is still available? My son and I arrive CDG at 7:45am; the train leaves from CDG at 11:19am. It would be great to get a shower and possibly even 90 minutes sleep; the CDG TGV terminal is a really awful place to spend much time waiting. Thanks for any info-

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.