What to do around Nice for 3 days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do around Nice for 3 days?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:48 am

Update on Nice

[QUOTE=ILuvParis;2647754]You won't go wrong with most of the suggestions above. I certainly would agree that a trip to St. Paul de Vence is in order, including a meal at the la Columbe d'Or. You can do a Google search for more information about this wonderful restaurant. You are going at an ideal time of year to sit outside there. Because it is extremely popular, I would plan to go in the late morning - stop at the restaurant and tell them you would like to have lunch - then explore the village and return for a nice lunch on the terrace.

>> This is good, I want to know if there is any updates anyone can share for a trip in July 2010. What Anything special kids (10 & 6 year old boyes) would love - Other than the beach

Thanks
Rajah
Old May 6, 2010, 3:33 am

There loads to see and do from Nice - you don't need to drive a few hours! Check out this extensive list of Nice attractions. Personally, I would also recommend venturing out to Grasse and visiting the perfumeries - it makes for a lovely, relaxing day out.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA/AA
In lieu of taking a harbor cruise, you can take a ferry from Nice to St. Tropez for the day.

Costs about 10-15 euros, and takes about a hour.
Old May 7, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
As a half time resident of Saint-Paul I'd suggest La Colombe d'Or for a drink rather than a meal. You go there to see the impressionist paintings, not to eat. Only tourists eat there. Go fairly early because it is mobbed with tourists in July and parking is a nightmare. There is a public car park just opposite the post office that is your best bet if you arrive early enough. For kids there are wonderful hiking destinations through the area and there are published government maps for all of them, which are very well marked.

There is a small car museum on the North side of the A* going towards Cannes that boys tend to like. The boats everywhere also seem to attract their interest. At Fayence there is a small airfield where one can take glider rides, all boys love that. if you want yo fly, but powered, at Cannes-Mandelieu there is another airfield where there are several sleepy flight schools. They'll always take people up for "lessons" and/or rides. The "lessons" are cheaper.

Most of the other options are in the thread, well covered.
Old May 9, 2010, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: mosttraveledpeople.com
Just after the Italian border there is a beautiful medieval village up the hills, called "The Principality of Seborga" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborga. It is a unrecognized "country" similar to Hutt River Province or The Principality of Sealand.

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations
Old May 10, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by TrophyCollector
Just after the Italian border there is a beautiful medieval village up the hills, called "The Principality of Seborga" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborga. It is a unrecognized "country" similar to Hutt River Province or The Principality of Sealand.

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations
Seborga is only 60 km easy drive on the Autoroute/Autostrada from Nice Airport. While you visit that, which should help capture the imagination of bright children you can show them another side of medieval Ligurian life at Triora http://borghitalia.it/html/borgo_en....dice_borgo=123 which is a tiny little town that features witches. It has a small museum and statues of witches as well as colorful tourist shops too. It is about another hour beyond Seborga on mostly colorful rural roads.

Whether you want to be on main tourist areas or slightly off the beaten track is the question. Both these places are not the hottest tourist locations but they're both quite interesting.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by kendalcottages
There loads to see and do from Nice - you don't need to drive a few hours! Check out this extensive list of Nice attractions. Personally, I would also recommend venturing out to Grasse and visiting the perfumeries - it makes for a lovely, relaxing day out.

I agree with kendal, there are plenty of things to do in Nice during the summer. There is a wonderful market in Cours Selaya (old town) that operates throughout the week. Le Chateau also provides a beautiful panoramic of the city. It's such an amazing area...I wouldn't mind relaxing on the beach all day.

Here are some pictures I took last year. You can find the rest at http://tshphoto.zenfolio.com/
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Search function + old thread provides useful information for pending trip. ^
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:57 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
As we (since this thread's inception) now have a France forum, it'll be an even better reference point based over there.

stut
Europe Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.