Wiki Posts
Search

Disneyland Paris Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Disneyland Paris Hotel

So going to Paris in early Dec and wanted to book the DLP Hotel for a single night. And it appears they are charging roughly $800-$900 per night (not including park tickets). That's insane. Anyone know what the deal is here? It's basically double what I paid for a night at Disney TokyoSea.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:22 pm

I don't know the answer, but in case it helps, it's an easy commute via train from Paris. I guess it would be annoying if you wanted to go to Disney for two days, but at those prices, it might be worth considering.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mareh
I don't know the answer, but in case it helps, it's an easy commute via train from Paris. I guess it would be annoying if you wanted to go to Disney for two days, but at those prices, it might be worth considering.
I did that 4 years ago and it was a disaster. I arrived at the park by 10am (regular opening time) and the lines were already packed by Disney resort guests. Was waiting in line for an hour+ for almost everything. Granted it was a Sunday in July, but I found the experience lacking.

I may have to opt for a less expensive property on Disney grounds, maybe Newport Bay.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL: PM, Marriott: Gold, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Terminator8
So going to Paris in early Dec and wanted to book the DLP Hotel for a single night. And it appears they are charging roughly $800-$900 per night (not including park tickets). That's insane. Anyone know what the deal is here? It's basically double what I paid for a night at Disney TokyoSea.
I'm going through a similar sticker shock there now. In general, except for the most expensive rooms you are not actually going to get much of a view into the park from your room at Disneyland Hotel; certainly not like what you'd get at MiraCosta at Tokyo Disney Sea to make it worth the price IMO. I stayed at Mira Costa for a week last October but while planning for a trip to Disneyland Paris in May I was blown away at the prices.

A couple of options to consider:
- Choose one of the less expensive but close by DLP hotels like Sequoia Lodge (that's where I'm staying in May) or Newport Bay. All those hotels are 10-15 minute walk to the parks and much less expensive than the Disneyland Hotel. They are still Disney operated hotels, just a little walk (or bus if you prefer) from the parks. I'm pretty sure Hotel New York is getting ready for a refurb so you might want to avoid that. Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay have both been refreshed in the last couple of years.
- if those don't appeal take a look at the Val d'Europe. It's a development of hotels and shopping on the southwest edge of the DLP property. It's one stop on the RER-A vs the full run from Paris. There are lots of MUCH less expensive hotels there that might appeal as well. You can walk to the park (30-40 min) but your only one stop on the RER so you can get there in no time.

Last edited by donsullivan; Jan 23, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Before I would even consider Val dŽEurope hotels (and problematic commuting) , I would look at those at Disney which are not Disney hotels. The Kyriad and others are very reasonable and are connected by regular shuttle bus to the park entrance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.