Wiki Posts
Search

VIP Arrival Service at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
VIP Arrival Service at CDG

I see there are several companies offering VIP arrival service at CDG. Has anyone used one of these? Did you find it worth it?

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Some of the hotels offer a special arrival service as well. If you are flying FC and usually in BF you will receive special handling through Immigration upon arrival at CDG. If you have a car service waiting for you, and I do not mean uber, I don´t know if the additional expense of VIP arrival is worth it.

Others may certainly have a difference view.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tamino
Some of the hotels offer a special arrival service as well. If you are flying FC and usually in BF you will receive special handling through Immigration upon arrival at CDG. If you have a car service waiting for you, and I do not mean uber, I don´t know if the additional expense of VIP arrival is worth it.

Others may certainly have a difference view.
We are on SAS flying IAD-CMH in business, but CMH-CDG is in economy (reservation record says business, but SeatGuru only shows economy seats on the SAS A321). Anyway, since we are arriving in economy I figured we would not be eligible for Fastrack, if it exists at CDG. Was just looking for a way to ease the pain of getting through passport check.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
CMH = Columbus Ohio.

I doubt that SAS serves CMH to CDG nonstop.

If you mean Copenhagen, which is a SAS hub, you'll arrive at Paris as a schengen flight after entering Europe at Copenhagen, where you'll do immigration and customs. Technically you and especially your checked bags do customs also at CDG, but that's just a matter of following the green signs to exit. Unless there's a terrorism incident or something similar, there won't be a passport check for you at CDG.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Michilander
We are on SAS flying IAD-CMH in business, but CMH-CDG is in economy (reservation record says business, but SeatGuru only shows economy seats on the SAS A321). Anyway, since we are arriving in economy I figured we would not be eligible for Fastrack, if it exists at CDG. Was just looking for a way to ease the pain of getting through passport check.
I was responding to this post, that I forgot to quote above.

BTW, SAS doesn't fly IAD-CMH either, nor would I expect business class on this route, which might be flown with RJs.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
CMH = Columbus Ohio.

I doubt that SAS serves CMH to CDG nonstop.

If you mean Copenhagen, which is a SAS hub, you'll arrive at Paris as a schengen flight after entering Europe at Copenhagen, where you'll do immigration and customs. Technically you and especially your checked bags do customs also at CDG, but that's just a matter of following the green signs to exit. Unless there's a terrorism incident or something similar, there won't be a passport check for you at CDG.
Yes (blush) I meant CPH. Also (blush) it should have occurred to me about doing passport control in CPH, where we will be arriving in business. Guess we don't need the service.

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.