Lourdes hotels

Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Lourdes hotels

Wife and I are returning in April'17. Its been about six years since our last visit and I know things change a lot. Last trip we stayed at the Best Western by the train station [and didn't mind the walk to the churches].
Any current recommendations for hotels>

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I've been twice, but never stayed in town (last went through 2 years ago but drove through/past - we wanted to go to a hot spring spa) . The BW may still be your best bet as it has some standard to adhere to. The guide books seem to lambast the hotels (Lourdes is said to have the most hotel rooms in France after Paris) and restaurants which all know they won't get repeat business and pilgrims are generally more focussed on spiritual sustenance than more earthy ones such as food and a bed. If you are mobile and are not adverse to walking a bit, I'd stay outside town and drive in. Always had good luck finding parking on the north side of the river across from the grotto.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC; IHG; Accor
Originally Posted by JerseyJoe
Wife and I are returning in April'17. Its been about six years since our last visit and I know things change a lot. Last trip we stayed at the Best Western by the train station [and didn't mind the walk to the churches].
Any current recommendations for hotels>

Thanks for the help.
I used to travel quite a lot and usually stayed in the Hotel Solitude whilst my mother and sisters preferred the Jeanne D'arc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.