Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is 19th arrondissement to far to stay in paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

been told to stay closer as its my first time in paris but can get holiday inn in the 19th arrondissement on points , is it really to far away from the sites in paris to stay ? we will be in paris for 3 nights ,seems from reading the subway are great to get around , would it take to long on transportation to get around if we stayed in the 19 th
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

Really it's personal preference - I'd check on google maps the transit time to/from the sites you are interested in and see if that's acceptable to you. You don't want to spend all your time commuting and changing metro lines IMO. I tend to place clients closer to the major sites so they can easily walk along the Seine for a feel of the city rather than spend a lot of time on the metro.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
The metro is great to get around. I have friends who live in the 19th, by metro stations Ourcq and Jaures, not far from your Holiday Inn. When I'm in Paris I stay in the centre, but it's no problem at all getting out to this area to spend an evening with my friends. The canal is lovely and very busy, lots to look at and you'll be surrounded by Parisians, not other foreigners.

The metro runs frequently, even late at night on this line you wouldn't wait more than about seven minutes between services and from your line, Number 5 Bobigny/Place d'Italie, you can get to central areas such as République or Bastille without changing lines. Lots of other metro options too if you find them more convenient.

It's a great area, less touristic than the centre, a bit edgy but not at all scary. If you've got a good deal with points go for it. And one of my favourite restaurants is nearby, Au Boeuf Couronné, great French traditional place, but not if you're vegetarian!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
The metro is great to get around. I have friends who live in the 19th, by metro stations Ourcq and Jaures, not far from your Holiday Inn. When I'm in Paris I stay in the centre, but it's no problem at all getting out to this area to spend an evening with my friends. The canal is lovely and very busy, lots to look at and you'll be surrounded by Parisians, not other foreigners.

The metro runs frequently, even late at night on this line you wouldn't wait more than about seven minutes between services and from your line, Number 5 Bobigny/Place d'Italie, you can get to central areas such as République or Bastille without changing lines. Lots of other metro options too if you find them more convenient.

It's a great area, less touristic than the centre, a bit edgy but not at all scary. If you've got a good deal with points go for it. And one of my favourite restaurants is nearby, Au Boeuf Couronné, great French traditional place, but not if you're vegetarian!
I fully agree with your assessment.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks to all that have posted about the 19th. How is the area around the Crimee Metro Station? I typically take a different approach on travel and enjoy staying in a more residential area. With that said, any tips or suggestions regarding this area. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Thanks to all that have posted about the 19th. How is the area around the Crimee Metro Station? I typically take a different approach on travel and enjoy staying in a more residential area. With that said, any tips or suggestions regarding this area. Thanks and Safe Travels
It's not so far from the area that I was talking about, but I prefer the other side of the Quai, the avenue Jean-Jaurès side which is still quite residential (I have friends who live there). Around Crimée feels a bit desolate and uninteresting to me.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
It's not so far from the area that I was talking about, but I prefer the other side of the Quai, the avenue Jean-Jaurès side which is still quite residential (I have friends who live there). Around Crimée feels a bit desolate and uninteresting to me.
Thanks for your reply. There is a new spot Hotel Trema 189 Rue de Crimee and the rates are good for the end of August about 65 Euro a night all in and I was considering.. I stayed in Saint-Germain last time and thought I would venture away.. Any thoughts? Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Thanks for your reply. There is a new spot Hotel Trema 189 Rue de Crimee and the rates are good for the end of August about 65 Euro a night all in and I was considering.. I stayed in Saint-Germain last time and thought I would venture away.. Any thoughts? Thanks and Safe Travels
Given what you said about preferring residential areas, I think you would like the Crimée area over St Germain. It's certainly very different - I'm not a fan of the St Germain area, the 19th is more down at heel and less touristy. They get fewer tourists there, so people in restaurants and shops tend to be friendlier and more helpful.

The hotel looks nice for that price. Myself I'd go for it. Be sure to come back to the thread when you've decided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.