Reload this Page >

Terrorist attack in Paris, 129 dead/352 wounded. Border controls reinstated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrorist attack in Paris, 129 dead/352 wounded. Border controls reinstated

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
I have no sympathy for the bad guys, but I certainly hope they aren't all dead. Someday they may be rotting in a cell and finally realize the moral and ethical challenges to their soul. That plus the lack of martyrdom might slow down recruiting efforts. Much less romance to the notion of likely slowly losing everything that defines you behind prison bars.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BBC is reporting that the gunmen at concert blew themselves up.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
france forum >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...or-attack.html

not everyone has access to omni
This is the France forum, not OMNI.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by milepig
Suggest header change. Watching the news. My thoughts and prayers are with all in Paris. May this backfire on IS and may the world stand together and take them down!!

This is what I've feared for years. Not a single huge event but multiple coordinated events at the same time. True terror. I'm very worried.
Yes, me too. I'm worried about my brother & his wife and my 2 nieces, as well. Hoped they are doing okay. I haven't write email him yet. I will give my chance to write email him tonight.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
It appears that borders have re-opened today although there will be extra security checks.

Eurostar and Air France are allowing changes and limited refunds.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Not much sleep last night. Just a horrible thing to happen to innocent people.

I'm flying BA out of LYS this afternoon. I checked and the morning flight left on time. I also took a look at CDG-LHR flights and they were slightly delayed, but not by much. I'm sure the security has been increased, but most of it will be invisible to travelers. There are always soldiers on patrol at French airports anyways.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
First, as a French FTer living in Paris, I'd like to thank all of you for your kind messages and support about this tragedy.
I can confirm that the "border closing" does not mean interruption of air traffic. International flights operate normally to/from France. But passport control is done for every single international flight (including Schengen). So it is prudent to arrive early at the airport, as you can imagine this will create some disruptions.
AA has suspended flights to CDG until further notice. AFAIK, this is the only airline that has announced this. Other airlines operate normally, although delays are of course possible.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
Terrible, the reports just seem to get more tragic every time I read them.

I have just come through CDG now and can confirm things here are generally operating as normal. Seems to be slightly higher plain clothes security & military presence, and queues are a bit longer but nothing too bad. My non EU passport formalities were briefer than ever.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:38 am

Very sad...
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm at LYS at the moment. The only thing I noticed different is that at the security checkpoint they tested my hands for gunpowder residue. I don't know if they did that for everyone though. Security was pretty empty. The airport is relatively empty, and the roads driving over here were empty. An average Saturday afternoon in November is never really busy, but I think a lot of people are staying home right now.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Non-airport borders are also not closed but highly guarded, traffic is only allowed through at very slow speed, some cars pulled over for closer inspection.
Borders being closed was never confirmed but many press agencies reported it. Change title of this thread?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:07 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
Borders being closed was never confirmed but many press agencies reported it. Change title of this thread?
Done.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
Eurostar and Air France are allowing changes and limited refunds.
Lufthansa is offering free rebookings for flights to/from Paris.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: LH M/M - FB Plat
Many here are shocked. However, CDG and ORY remain open for the moment. As I live near the France-Germany border, I saw many cars being stopped and verified.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:46 am

AA has suspended flights to CDG until further notice. AFAIK, this is the only airline that has announced this
I'm finding normal flight status on CDG flights on aa.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.