Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dress code at Paris wine museum restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Dress code at Paris wine museum restaurant

Anyone know if there is any particular dress code for the wine museum restaurant? Would jeans and sneakers be permitted or is it more dressy? What are you likely to see at a restaurant in Paris at lunch time? (We plan to be more dressy for dinner but during the day we want to be comfortable.)
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
I have not been to the Wine Museum restaurant but from their website´s pictures of those dinning there, it appears casual.

I always wear slacks and possibly a jacket (except in August) when going to restaurants and I am always very comfortable. It could depend upon where the restaurant is. Restaurants in touristy areas such as the Marais or the Latin Quarter are almost always casual.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
The one in the 16th? Never knew they had a resto. I would imagine casual since it mostly caters to tourists.

It depends on which restaurants you go to. Some, are very young and casual and others are dressier. But as Tamino mentioned, a jacket is always good to have if going to a non-touristy place and youngish.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
The one in the 16th? Never knew they had a resto. I would imagine casual since it mostly caters to tourists.
Les Echansons

They tend to cater to everyone - tourists, tasting groups, private dining etc.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. We weren't planning to pack a jacket so we might be a little limited on the places we can go to. I was excited about the Tripadvisor ratings until I realized a dinner at some of the best places was several hundred euro if not more.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
May be you can find some in the thread that stimpy directed another FTer to :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25380811-post106.html
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by dodo
May be you can find some in the thread that stimpy directed another FTer to :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25380811-post106.html
There are hundreds of great places that don't cost much. You just have to do some researching. Just had a great lunch for less than 60euros for 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.