Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Killing time in CDG

Killing time in CDG

Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Killing time in CDG

I'm arriving in Terminal 2A (US Airways) at 8:30am and flying out of Terminal 3 at 2:30pm. Any advice on how to kill time in between?

I'm thinking of staying in the Air Canada or American Airlines lounge in Terminal 2A upon arrival, but I'm guessing any checked bags will be sitting out for hours in that case.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by iwanttoflyaway
I'm thinking of staying in the Air Canada or American Airlines lounge in Terminal 2A upon arrival, but I'm guessing any checked bags will be sitting out for hours in that case.
It's not possible : you can't go airside if you're not departing. Arriving and departing pax are segregated.
Why not store your bags at the facility above the train station (in the middle of term 2 complex) and go to the Air&space museum at Le Bourget airport ?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It's not possible : you can't go airside if you're not departing. Arriving and departing pax are segregated.
Why not store your bags at the facility above the train station (in the middle of term 2 complex) and go to the Air&space museum at Le Bourget airport ?
Thanks for the info. Is there anything else to do on the arrival side without leaving the airport?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
If you hang around in the arrivals area for long enough, I'm sure some people will turn up and invite you for a chat....

Once you're off the plane, you'll be directed to either immigration, or transfer security, depending on what signs you follow. After immigration is baggage claim, then customs, but unlike in the states you don't need to fill out forms or queue up for customs, just walk through + stop if asked. There are toilets in the arrivals side, but that's about it. All other services are landside.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:31 am

If you wanted to catch a nap and shower, the Ibis Hotel on the airport will sell you a day room for 14€/hour (subject to availability; no reservation allowed).
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by iwanttoflyaway
Is there anything else to do on the arrival side without leaving the airport?
Sorry, but I can't think of anything ! Are you thinking about something in particular ?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wideman
If you wanted to catch a nap and shower, the Ibis Hotel on the airport will sell you a day room for 14/hour (subject to availability; no reservation allowed).
Thanks. This is this the kind of information was looking for.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Sorry, but I can't think of anything ! Are you thinking about something in particular ?
Just wanted a comfortable place to kill time until the next flight, unless there is something interesting to do in the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.