Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Dining at CDG: any improvements?

Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Amex Plat, Priority Pass, Hertz Gl, SPG Gold Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

I have two ~4hr layovers at CDG coming up, one coming off a DL flight from ATL and connecting to Air Europa to VLC and then the return connecting to an AF flight back to ATL

Searching the groups here suggest a low level of enthusiasm for CDG in general; that having been said and given that I am captive, is there a restaurant worth trying?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Brasserie Flo, in terminal 2F.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Tamino
Even that is awful.

Nop, nothing has changed except there is the oyster place, but that isn't land side.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Tamino
+1
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Even that is awful.
awful ???

To OP : outside Brasserie Flo, if you have enough time and be at lunch or dinner time, the best food nearby on CDG area but outside the terminals is the buffet at the Hyatt CDG.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
+1

awful ???

To OP : outside Brasserie Flo, if you have enough time and be at lunch or dinner time, the best food nearby on CDG area but outside the terminals is the buffet at the Hyatt CDG.
For me, yes it is bad and awful. There is one terminal that has self service. If you get a salad then it is OK at best.

CDG by far has the worst food of a 1 world airport.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
CDG by far has the worst food of a 1 world airport.
Now now Yahillwe, you are forgetting Les Etoiles which is the finest restaurant of any airport in the world. It could be counted in the top 20 or so restaurants in all of Paris. Name me another airport restaurant that comes close to Les Etoiles?

But if that's too pricey for you, there is a Paul in 2C if I recall correctly that has a separate, sort of hidden, restaurant behind the usual fast food counter. The food is pretty good for less than 20 per person wine included.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stimpy, pray do tell me where Les Etloile is.

I know of the one (that burnt down) by the L'etoile, but didn't know they had a branch at CDG.

Maybe at terminals that I don't use.

STIMPY…. omg, how could you. Googled it. I once ate there… the smell was over powering.

Now, I thought you had good taste in food.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stimpy, pray do tell me where Les Etloile is.

I know of the one (that burnt down) by the L'etoile, but didn't know they had a branch at CDG.

Maybe at terminals that I don't use.

STIMPY. omg, how could you. Googled it. I once ate there the smell was over powering.

Now, I thought you had good taste in food.
So you found it inside the Sheraton? You only tried it once? Maybe it was during a difficult period. I've had several good meals there over the years. And we once had a French Flyertalkers lunch there and all thought it was excellent. Maybe you had a bad dish, but the service was good, no?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:55 am

If OP takes the CDG VAL to the Roissypole stop, the Hilton and the newer M hotel are both possibilities.

Hilton has an atrium dining room with better food than I have found at the airport. The best deal is the daily special which is three courses for 23-25€.

I walked through the M's public areas last fall. The hotel itself is a mid-range property with a social club theme, aimed at a younger crowd-let's have a sandwich in the library, etc. Walking through at dinner, I saw a salad buffet and two or three entree items in crock pot type heaters. The entrees were serve yourself (and looked like all you can eat) and were the type of dish that would stand uo well being left heated for a time like that. Not too expensive and looked pretty appealing, and the next time we are at the Hilton, we may walk across to M and try it out.

Good to know someone likes the buffet at the Hyatt, as we'll be staying there next year. I don't know about going there on a four hour layover, since I have had almost 100% bad luck on ground shuttles at CDG. You would probably make your connection, but if you wait 15-20 minutes on each end for the shuttle, it's a lot of schlepping around for a meal.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Jul 31, 2015 at 2:19 pm
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
So you found it inside the Sheraton? You only tried it once? Maybe it was during a difficult period. I've had several good meals there over the years. And we once had a French Flyertalkers lunch there and all thought it was excellent. Maybe you had a bad dish, but the service was good, no?
Next time you plan on going let me know. I'd like to know if it is the same one.

I did try it once. The smell of stale oil just closed my appetite.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next time you plan on going let me know. I'd like to know if it is the same one.
There are two restaurants in the Sheraton. One is just a typical hotel restaurant, but the other is haute cuisine. I've been going there from time to time over the last 15 years and it has always been excellent. Maybe we can organize another French Flyertalk lunch or dinner there. It's sort of affordable for lunch, but I don't eat dinner there unless on an expense account.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Maybe we can organize another French Flyertalk lunch or dinner there.

If a FT lunch would be open to everyone, I should be very interested in going out to the airport for lunch and meeting FT personalities.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I just eat at the CX lounge
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two restaurants in the Sheraton. One is just a typical hotel restaurant, but the other is haute cuisine. I've been going there from time to time over the last 15 years and it has always been excellent. Maybe we can organize another French Flyertalk lunch or dinner there. It's sort of affordable for lunch, but I don't eat dinner there unless on an expense account.
Never knew that.

Let's get the newlywed to organize it or Gerard. I'll pm them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.