Must find an ATM at CDG T2E or T2F: JFK-CDG-ATH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

Are there ATMs accessible to connecting international passengers at T2E or T2F at CDG airport? I'm flying via CDG on my way to Athens this week, and given all the banking issues in Greece I want to be sure I have all the Euros i need in my pocket before I arrive.

Also, how easy is it to connect between T2E and T2F? Do I need to get on a bus/shuttle or can I just walk from E to F? I've got about 2 hours between flights.

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:31 am

This morning, the Greek Embassy in London made a statement:

“The Greek government informs those visiting or about to visit Greece, that the announced measures restricting the movement of capital do not affect in any way those who wish to make transactions or ATM withdrawals using debit or credit cards issued abroad.”
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Julian
This morning, the Greek Embassy in London made a statement:

“The Greek government informs those visiting or about to visit Greece, that the announced measures restricting the movement of capital do not affect in any way those who wish to make transactions or ATM withdrawals using debit or credit cards issued abroad.”
The capital controls might not affect people, but there still might be trouble finding a functioning ATM.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Yes. Wise to get all the Euros you need before going to Greece. I presume that people will still take credit cards?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
The capital controls might not affect people, but there still might be trouble finding a functioning ATM.
Yes, a risk, particularly in urban areas. But in case anyone is thinking about going to Greece with thousands of euros stuffed down their underpants, there remains the option of paying as per normal with credit cards where those are accepted (of course some situations require cash).
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Julian
Yes, a risk, particularly in urban areas. But in case anyone is thinking about going to Greece with thousands of euros stuffed down their underpants, there remains the option of paying as per normal with credit cards where those are accepted (of course some situations require cash).
All good points. Does anyone have any insight on the original question in my post which was about ATM availability at T2E/F at CDG? The terminal maps I have found are very unclear.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by TommyC80
All good points. Does anyone have any insight on the original question in my post which was about ATM availability at T2E/F at CDG? The terminal maps I have found are very unclear.
Unfortunately I can't quite remember where they are. In 2E, there is a currency exchange booth near duty free that has an ATM attached - the ATM gives you the choice of withdrawing US Dollars, Euros, and something else (maybe British Pounds or Swiss Francs?). I used by French ATM card on it to withdraw Euros, and even though the ATM was associated with the currency exchange place I wasn't hit with any ridiculous fees. But unfortunately, you won't have access to that area based on your itinerary.

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Jun 29, 2015 at 6:50 am
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:49 am

There is an HSBC branch by the station:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/pa...-bank/bank-atm

If that doesn't work for you, the other currency exchange places might also have an ATM attached:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/pa...-bank/exchange

The Aéroports de Paris website says there are ATM scattered throughout the airport.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Also, how easy is it to connect between T2E and T2F? Do I need to get on a bus/shuttle or can I just walk from E to F? I've got about 2 hours between flights.
2E > 2F is much easier than it used to be - I've done it twice in the last couple of months. Two hours is plenty of time IF your arriving flight isn't late. If you can use the Access No. 1 lines, that will save time.

You might find this helpful: http://easycdg.com/passenger-informa...o-terminal-2f/

Regarding your ATM question, I flew out of the F24-F36 gates area recently and am pretty sure I recall an ATM in the retail area, before you get to the gates. IIRC, it was Travelex, not a regular bank, so there might be extra fees added - I do not recall seeing any other ATMs in 2F.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I don't recall any ATMs airside - but they are definitely landside outside of arrivals (as the AdP terminals maps show). I can't remember exactly the landside transfer 2E to 2F (and the current terminal maps don't help with that)...I think there is a tunnel below ground to walk across.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:35 pm

Consider getting Euros before leaving the U.S.? You can take up to $10,000 worth without having to declare/file paperwork.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:48 pm
CG

See my post at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...readid=1691006 on where to get Euros here in the U.S. Like your question there are a lot of non-answers, but I think the best suggestion was to go with http://www.ceifx.com/locations which appears to have a best rate guarantee. Capital One might also have better rates, if you are a customer.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
One thing I noticed about the airside ATMs at CDG was a really poor exchange rate. No better than the Travelex booth. I had planned to get Euros there but decided to wait until I got to DUB (final destination).

(This was as of October 2014)
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
One thing I noticed about the airside ATMs at CDG was a really poor exchange rate. No better than the Travelex booth. I had planned to get Euros there but decided to wait until I got to DUB (final destination).
Huh? ATM's in France don't have exchange rates. It is your home bank that does the conversion. And major US banks don't rip you off on ATM conversions due to some previous lawsuit as I recall.

In some countries the ATM will propose to you to do the conversion for you to your home currency. NEVER accept this! Always let your home bank do the conversion. At least if your home bank is in the EU or USA.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by stimpy
Huh? ATM's in France don't have exchange rates. It is your home bank that does the conversion. And major US banks don't rip you off on ATM conversions due to some previous lawsuit as I recall.

In some countries the ATM will propose to you to do the conversion for you to your home currency. NEVER accept this! Always let your home bank do the conversion. At least if your home bank is in the EU or USA.
It sounds like the poster may have seen an ATM currency conversion offer. This is such a slimy practice that does nothing by pry on those that don't know better or that tricks people into thinking it's the only option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.