French VISA Help

Old May 25, 2015, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
French VISA Help

We have a coming trip from LAX->Paris (7/8-7/17), and my wife is a Chinese national with green card. When I tried to make an appointment with the French consulate at LA for visa, the earliest possible appointment is 7/8, the day we supposed to depart. I totally didn't expect that since this was my first time trying to get a SCHENGEN visa. Now, the couple things I can think of for now are:

1) make an appointment with DC consulate, which has wide availability for the month of June, but the website strictly says that you have to apply within the jurisdiction of the consulate, anyone knows if applying in DC is possible?

2) make additional reservations for other SCHENGEN centuries from 7/18-28, and apply visa in those consulate, and then cancel them once i get the visa, my question is, will my wife get in trouble doing that?

3) ship my wife's passport/green card to china and apply there since they don't require in person application anymore, but then again the website says they only process applicants who live in China ...

any other thoughts? ideas? thank you all in advance.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by x9bull
We have a coming trip from LAX->Paris (7/8-7/17), and my wife is a Chinese national with green card. When I tried to make an appointment with the French consulate at LA for visa, the earliest possible appointment is 7/8, the day we supposed to depart. I totally didn't expect that since this was my first time trying to get a SCHENGEN visa. Now, the couple things I can think of for now are:

1) make an appointment with DC consulate, which has wide availability for the month of June, but the website strictly says that you have to apply within the jurisdiction of the consulate, anyone knows if applying in DC is possible?

2) make additional reservations for other SCHENGEN centuries from 7/18-28, and apply visa in those consulate, and then cancel them once i get the visa, my question is, will my wife get in trouble doing that?

3) ship my wife's passport/green card to china and apply there since they don't require in person application anymore, but then again the website says they only process applicants who live in China ...

any other thoughts? ideas? thank you all in advance.
You might consider a commercial service that helps with and can often expedite Visa processing and obtaining and renewing passports.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You could certainly try Belgium or Spain, etc, fly there and then take the train or drive to France. However you would then have to change your flight to arrive first in that country. That is the least risky route to take IMHO.

However if you bought cheap non-refundable non-changeable tickets you might have to trash those and buy new tickets. Unless the above suggestion of a rush service works.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
You might consider a commercial service that helps with and can often expedite Visa processing and obtaining and renewing passports.
+1. These guys are good at getting things done. By my experience, the French can be real sticklers, so don't try evade the rules.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:37 pm

A schengen visa issued by any schengen state is good for any/all - though you are supposed to apply to your main or first destination sometimes that can subject to change or not necessarily knowable. I would start calling any / all - you could always use an expediter / visa runner as well.

http://www.germany.info/losangeles
http://thepointsguy.com/category/allied-passport/
Old May 31, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
delete

Last edited by BadgerBoi; May 31, 2015 at 7:28 am Reason: Sick of correcting incorrect or possibly illegal visa information from people who just should know better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.