Search

CDG Transit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
CDG Transit

We will land in Paris from ATH at 11:10am and will fly out of Paris at 6:45pm to Zurich.

I have been to Paris before but wanted my niece who will be flying with me to get a glimpse of the sights, but my question is will we have enough time to take the RER and then the double decker bus tour and be back in time for our 6:45pm flight?

Key is to see Eiffel tower etc not to complete the entire bus tour.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 21, 2015 at 9:52 am
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Key is to see Eiffel tower etc not to complete the entire bus tour.
So why do the bus tour? I'd take the RER right to the tower, then maybe go for a nice walk from there along the river, and return.

You'll definitely have time to do that.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
So why do the bus tour? I'd take the RER right to the tower, then maybe go for a nice walk from there along the river, and return.

You'll definitely have time to do that.
Does the RER station at CDG have hand luggage storage lockers?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Does the RER station at CDG have hand luggage storage lockers?
The T2 RER/TGV station has it. 6 hours for EUR 7.

Should not take you more than 1 hour to reach the tower.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets

Should not take you more than 1 hour to reach the tower.
Excellent idea, merci!!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
If money is not too tight why not take a taxi to the Eiffel Tower; it is about 50 or so euros each way. It will be nicer than riding the RER which is not exactly a "nice way" of entering the city.
If 100 euros will not break your budget, walk out, get a taxi, get to the city, walk around the tower, cross the river to the Trocadero area; you can even walk to Champs Elysee and then take a taxi back to the airport.

I think it is a much more "civilized" way of seeing Paris for the first time.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by keisari
If money is not too tight why not take a taxi to the Eiffel Tower; it is about 50 or so euros each way. It will be nicer than riding the RER which is not exactly a "nice way" of entering the city.
If 100 euros will not break your budget, walk out, get a taxi, get to the city, walk around the tower, cross the river to the Trocadero area; you can even walk to Champs Elysee and then take a taxi back to the airport.

I think the RER would be quicker, however. A taxi to CDG during the evening rush could take a looong time if it's a week day.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
Not at the station itself, there's a storage company up a level, where the Sheraton is.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:27 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
If you'd prefer to avoid the RER and see more of the city, you could take the Roissybus to the Opéra. Then hop on the 22 bus to the Trocadéo (via blvd Haussman and the Arc de Triomphe). Walk out to the terrace and take in the views of the tower. Then walk over the Pont d'Iéna, do your thing with the tower (pre-book tickets if you want to go up, it'll save you a wait).

Then you've got multiple options - including the Batobus which will allow you to take a one-way trip along the river. You can jump off at Notre Dame, have a walk around St Michel, then take the RER line B directly back to the airport.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:47 pm

Hoping to do the same next week. Found this website with great step by step instructions on how to get from the airport to center of town.

http://parisbytrain.com/charles-de-g...aris-by-train/

Here is more information on the luggage lockers
http://www.bagagesdumonde.com/en/left-luggage/offer
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kadence
Hoping to do the same next week. Found this website with great step by step instructions on how to get from the airport to center of town.

http://parisbytrain.com/charles-de-g...aris-by-train/
Thanks for posting that. I don't do it often enough to remember easily and it's always a struggle. Most helpful! ^
Old May 3, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Thanks for posting that. I don't do it often enough to remember easily and it's always a struggle. Most helpful! ^
A great posting!

I'll be in a similar situation later this year at CDG. Arrive on a Saturday for a European connection later that day, and depart through CDG during a weekday. Have 8-9 hour transit times at CDG both ways. Now know that I can take a taxi back from Paris to CDG on weekend, but should avoid doing that on a weekday!

Any tips on what's best to try to cram in during the CDG layovers (have previously been to La Tour Eiffel)? Thanks!
Old May 6, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keisari

This is not a bad option for 3 people I think. How much is the cost of the RER for 3 return fare?
Since we will plan to leave at 12 noon, on a Monday I dont think there will be much traffic from CDG to the city??
Old May 6, 2015, 2:04 pm

This is not a bad option for 3 people I think. How much is the cost of the RER for 3 return fare?
Since we will plan to leave at 12 noon, on a Monday I dont think there will be much traffic from CDG to the city??
Slightly confusing. Since you're talking about taking the taxi into the city, I presume by "return fare," you mean a one-way fare back to the airport? "Return fare" by definition is a round trip.

The one-way fare is 10€ the last I knew.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
The RER B (train) with connections to any métro station you may need is 10€ each way, per person. The trains depart CDG from either Terminal 2 or Roissypol, reachable by taking the CDGVAL from Terminal 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.