Search

CDG Transit

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Slightly confusing. Since you're talking about taking the taxi into the city, I presume by "return fare," you mean a one-way fare back to the airport? "Return fare" by definition is a round trip.

The one-way fare is 10€ the last I knew.
Or 2 one ways?
Old May 8, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tamino
The RER B (train) with connections to any métro station you may need is 10€ each way, per person. The trains depart CDG from either Terminal 2 or Roissypol, reachable by taking the CDGVAL from Terminal 1.
Thanks which mean it is 30 Euros one way and return it would be 60 Euros.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
I've taken the RER many, many times between Gare Nord and CDG. Never an issue. There are, if I recall correctly, a few "express" trains that don't stop along the way. I'd recommend those for anyone concerned about their safety. It's certainly more reliable than a taxi (since you don't have to worry about traffic). Of course, it is France, so you do have to consider that plans could change at the last minute due to a strike.
Old May 10, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
I've taken the RER many, many times between Gare Nord and CDG. Never an issue. There are, if I recall correctly, a few "express" trains that don't stop along the way. I'd recommend those for anyone concerned about their safety.
Never had an issue either. You don't get the option of the express trains, it depends on time/day.
Old May 10, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
RER "express" option CDG to Gare Nord

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Never had an issue either. You don't get the option of the express trains, it depends on time/day.
Pretty easy to find the express trains; just go to bahn.de and look for trains with 42 minute running times. The others run 44 minutes.

It appears every other train is an "express" on weekends, and waiting for one will delay your arrival time by only 2-5 minutes over the earlier regular train. On weekdays, "express" trains don't start until 9:30 or so and a lower ratio (express to regular). Look for times as low as 38 minutes to find them.

Note that the express trains don't save much time; they can't overlap the regular trains running on the same tracks, so their top speed is slower, they just don't stop. For the tired traveler, I'd definitely recommend the express option, since you won't have to be as watchful at each stop. Safe as RER has been for me, if you were a pickpocket, you'd certainly prefer a train that you can get on and off in the middle of nowhere.

I wasn't aware of the specifics until now. This is really useful information!

For train, RER & metro schedules, bahn.de is your friend.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; May 10, 2015 at 9:17 pm Reason: typos
Old May 10, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Pretty easy to find the express trains; just go to bahn.de and look for trains with 42 minute running times. The others run 44 minutes.

It appears every other train is an "express" on weekends, and waiting for one will delay your arrival time by only 2-5 minutes over the earlier regular train. On weekdays, "express" trains don't start until 9:30 or so and a lower ration (express to regular). Look for times as low as 38 minutes to find them.

Note that the express trains don't save much time; they can't overlap the regular trains running on the same tracks, so their top speed is slower, they just don't stop. For the tired traveler, I'd definitely recommend the express option, since you won't have to be as watchful at each stop. Safe as RER has been for me, if you were a pickpocket, you'd certainly prefer a train that you can get on and off in the middle of nowhere.

I wasn't aware of the specifics until now. This is really useful information!

For train, RER & metro schedules, bahn.de is your friend.
Thanks for the great tip on bahn.de. Last time I looked, RER schedules were tough to find and not easy to read.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
The official RER schedules are found here:
http://www.ratp.fr/horaires/fr/ratp/rer

Typically the Gare du Nord to CDG non stops take 30 minutes to Terminal 2. Trains making all of the stops en route typically take 35 minutes.

While RER B trains do not overtake one another, the trains which depart ahead of any express trains are those going to Mitry-Claye and take a different route at Aulnay sous Bois, thus clearing the way for the express trains. I have never heard that express trains are slower in speed than are other trains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.