Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG-ORY Transfer During Peak Hours

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:18 am
Original Poster

CDG-ORY Transfer During Peak Hours

Hi..I'm landing to CDG at 16:05 and need to transfer to ORY for my next flight to TLS. My flight time from ORY will at 21:20 and I need to be there before 21: 00, so I have around 5 hours to catch the flight. I plan to take AF shuttle bus and I understand it will take around 90 minutes according to the website. But my concern is that I will be arrived at CDG during peak hours at 16:00, so I presume the traffic will be bad. Does anyone please advise whether 5 hours transfer is doable during this hours?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:26 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
If you're worried about the traffic, the alternative is to use the RER train from CDG direct to Antony, where you can change for the Orlyval people mover direct to the airport.

It will be very crowded from Gare du Nord onwards, but arguably more predictable than the bus.

I've done tighter CDG-ORY connections than this (and if you know Paris well, you can quite easily hop off the RER at St Michel or Luxembourg for a quick bite to eat on the way). But I guess how easy it is depends on several factors - where are you originating from, is it one or multiple tickets, what happens if you miss the ORY-TLS flight..?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:32 am
Original Poster

i will arrive from HKG and this will be my first time in Paris. Since I'm not familiar with the Paris Metro, so i guess taking AF bus will be my easiest choice.
How long do you think the bus journey during this time? 2 hours maybe?
It is separate ticket, CX flight from HKG ~CDG, and AF flight from ORY~TLS. If i miss the flight at 2120, then I have to wait for the last flight at 2230...
5 hours transfer time should be enough right even during the peak hours?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by ediefendie
i will arrive from HKG and this will be my first time in Paris. Since I'm not familiar with the Paris Metro, so i guess taking AF bus will be my easiest choice.
How long do you think the bus journey during this time? 2 hours maybe?
It is separate ticket, CX flight from HKG ~CDG, and AF flight from ORY~TLS. If i miss the flight at 2120, then I have to wait for the last flight at 2230...
5 hours transfer time should be enough right even during the peak hours?
Yes, you should be fine unless your inbound is really late.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
I think you will be fine. Even rush hour is more towards 19h00 when many businesses close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.