Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to Paris for one month: Taking dog: Need help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Traveling to Paris for one month: Taking dog: Need help

I need some experienced help on this...

We are traveling to Paris for a month with our dog. I know all the regulations about getting the dog into France, but I don't know all the regulations to get the dog out of France and back to the U.S., as well as travel to other EU countries while we are there...

Will will be in Paris for about 32-33 days

1) Do we need to go to a Paris vet and have any forms filled out prior to leaving Paris?
2) Do we need an EU Passport to travel with our dog when we are there, or will the paperwork from the USDA be sufficient?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: MUCCI
If you know what is involved in bringing your dog out of the USA and also into Paris, then in terms of your remaining questions, I'm not sure if this is the right section for all of them.

With regard to bringing the dog back into the USA, the USA section might be better - as plenty of people must have brought their dogs back to the USA and know what the entry requirments are. And relevant USA government agency/department websites. (Plus any dedicated travel forums for travelling with pets from a USA perspective).

With regard to transport back from France to USA, the FT section of the airline you will be flying (I assume you will be flying) might be a good bet - people there might well know where to find relevant information about their requirments.

With regard to actual airport procedure in Paris, the France section might be best for that question, but it could be airline specific.

Now an important one, which other countries do you plan to visit? Checkk their own procedures and requirments. And make sure you can return to france from those countries.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:33 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Returning with a dog to the USA is "basically" seamless. I do it at Boston-Logan once a year. They don't even care to see his (EU) doggie passport.

Entering into the EU is much more of a deal. Make sure your USDA papers are up to date, and within the 10 days of departure. You will need an EU passport for your dog if you were going to be traveling, but if only in one place I believe you should be fine without one.

30+/- days is a very short trip to bother with all of this, IMO, unless you have residence in both locations. If you will be repeating this process in the future, obtaining a doggie passport relieves you of having to do the USDA process. In New England, it's a bit of a pain, mostly due to timing. You still should have documentation from your vet to satisfy your airline carrier.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:33 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
As we have a forum specifically for France, I'll move this thread over there. Please continue to discuss this topic in the France forum.

stut
Europe Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.