Nice Taxis

Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Priority Club Platinum, SPG, Tufty Club
Nice Taxis

I am on tonights flight from LGW-NCE arriving at 2340. I did have a transfer booked to take me into the town, but they've just emailed to cancel the arrangement. So does anyone have any experience of availability of taxis at NCE at that late hour?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Englishlee0710
I am on tonights flight from LGW-NCE arriving at 2340. I did have a transfer booked to take me into the town, but they've just emailed to cancel the arrangement. So does anyone have any experience of availability of taxis at NCE at that late hour?

Thanks in advance for any information.
There were taxis outside the airport when I landed at NCE near midnight about a year ago. Be warned, however: The fares that they charge are extortionate. Expect to pay 30 EUR or so for a 5 km journey. I walked past the taxi queue and simply walked into town, which is a nice little walk if you don't have much luggage.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes I was in Nice earlier this week and the queue of taxis was higher at midnight than earlier in the day, presumably because of the extra charges.

Your other option is to swap hotels, if that's possible. The Radisson Park Inn, Novotel, Ibis Budget and Campanile are within 5 minutes walk of Terminal 1.

There is also a night bus service too.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PeaSouper
There were taxis outside the airport when I landed at NCE near midnight about a year ago. Be warned, however: The fares that they charge are extortionate. Expect to pay 30 EUR or so for a 5 km journey. I walked past the taxi queue and simply walked into town, which is a nice little walk if you don't have much luggage.
Thanks Peasouper, I realise that the fares will be 'high' but I'm taking my wife on a cruise and so although I can get away with only hand baggage my wife will need her baggage allowance and probably mine as well!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes I was in Nice earlier this week and the queue of taxis was higher at midnight than earlier in the day, presumably because of the extra charges.

Your other option is to swap hotels, if that's possible. The Radisson Park Inn, Novotel, Ibis Budget and Campanile are within 5 minutes walk of Terminal 1.

There is also a night bus service too.
Thanks CWS. I'll stick with the existing hotel as it's been prepaid, so taxi it is despite the price.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
No uber?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dc2447
No uber?
Our French cousins object to the very notion of such anglo-saxon capitalist competition.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:48 am
Suspended

sacr bleu
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Our French cousins object to the very notion of such anglo-saxon capitalist competition.
The Saxons are even worse, verbot in Deutschland!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:03 am
Suspended

well Uber is allegedly illegal in NL but we still use them

God bless em
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Uber, LeCab and a few others are widely available in Paris. Nice is a small city but there are some online services.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:40 am

I'll just slide in, while the Mods aren't looking, that you can now get Avios on Hailo cab app, albeit via Iberia. 400 Avios for registering and 10 Avios per 8 spend.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:18 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
There is Uber in Nice and has been for over 6 months.

I use it regularly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.