Wiki Posts
Search

Paris hotel with cheap eatery closeby and metro

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Paris hotel with cheap eatery closeby and metro

Hey all

First time to Paris in November this year, booked all my hotels in Europe except Paris due to so many choices, have hilton gold but no good choices in Paris

I am hoping to get an opinion from previous travellers on a hotel that is close to metro, has a great selection of eateries (prefer cheap) near the hotel, close to tourist attractions

I have been suggested to stay in 2/3 arrondissement, but still there are so many hotels there

Budget is ~200 euro per night, staying for 4 nights, for 2 people (myself and GF)

Thanks heaps!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Firstly, no hotel in Paris is really very far from the métro which is a very comprehensive transportation network. Might there be one, the bus network complements the métro system eliminating the need ever to walk very far.

If this is your first time in Paris, consider staying in the Latin Quarter, basically the 5th and 6th arrondissements and an area as central to the most popular destinations as can be found. There are a number of excellent hotels, within your budget window, along rue Jacob in the 6th. Here are links to but a few:

Hôtel des Marronniers

Hôtel des Deux Continents
Hôtel Danube
Hôtel d´Angleterre
Millésime Hôtel

Thirdly, avoid the restaurants found along rue de la Huchette, rue de la Harpe, or rue Grégoire de Tours. These are animated streets, interesting to visit but the restaurants are aimed at tourists. Yes they and are cheap; you might like them but I avoid them.

For a nearby romantic restaurant with excellent food and service, consider le Petit Zinc or for a charming atmosphere le Coupe Chou. Reserving several days in advance is advised.

Lastly, in this area there are a number of very inexpensive concerts in the evenings, usually in the old churches. There are posters everywhere outlining their programs, times and cost. Try at least one.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much for your input, found a hotel in my budget in the 5/6th arrondissement, near rue de jacob
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Rue Jacob is relatively posh and a great place to stay. However, for really cheap restaurants, head toward the 5th (but avoid the tourist traps and note that many cheap restaurants don't do French food) or away from the center in the 13th/14th/15th.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Rue Jacob is really a great street, very Parisian. There are lots of small little rests around there and on Rue Bac (going towards the river). Rue Jacob ends up into Rue de L'Universite.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:43 am

Also, as for a romantic dinner, allow me to recommend La Bouteille D'Or, a top-notch restaurant in the Latin Quarter with stunning view over Notre-Dame. Check out the Yelp reviews of the place. It's great. Be sure to book in advance and request a table by the windows, to have an amazing view. Also be aware that the restaurant is doing a lot of Groupon/TheFork discounts. Unavoidable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.